• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six Pack Roadrunner Clone

nothing wrong with a clone. mine i guess falls under a modified clone look. lol does have the real deal parts, air cleaner, hood, 4.10 dana.

Nice! Where did you get the correct air filter base that seals to the hood?

Nice! Where did you get the correct air filter base that seals to the hood?

link to hood seal http://www.dalescudashop.com/1912blioffho.html

mines an original base, they are very hard to find but do pop up every now and then for ridiculous prices. i think that is probably my favorite part on the car. just looks so cool.

here's a reproduction that is very close to an original. only a small percentage of people will ever walk up to your car and know the difference.
http://www.shakerhood.com/products.php?id=RoadRunnerParts

this is a great site for info if your into A12 cars http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl

Hey 69 GTX, I just read where Jim is having trouble with gas leaking on the six pack carbs, flare fittings not sealing well? Is that the only place they are leaking? I should have mine next week, and am nervous about the carbs leaking. Is there any sure way to eliminate this problem? Like ordering the Pro Max flexible fuel feed lines? Mine have sat for 12 years, new in the box, so I hope the gaskets haven't shrank!

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't like a leaky carb or gas lines in any form.

Gary Yes just the fuel lines. I made the mistake of upgrading to the SS ones. Should of stayed with the softer OEM style ones. I know from working on a friends one hint is to leave the carbs loose to help get the lines started and close to tight before tightening down the carbs. It is a little bit of a chore to do this but it just takes time.

68 Hemi GTS my GTX will be almost a twin to yours B5 with black vinyl top. Same rear tires Dana 3.73. I also like the colored headlights, thought about doing mine in blue.

- - - Updated - - -

Gary, just read your post about the 6bbl set up purchase. If it were me I'd buy the metering plate & bowl gasket sets for them and you should be good. I suppose you could hook up a electric fuel pump to the set up before you install the intake and bench test it for leaks. Would be easier to work on.

here is my buddy's 70 w/ blue high beams for reference...I actually prefer amber lights w/ a blue car...my old 71 in the background

Last edited:
69 GTX, I've heard that the quick fuel metering plates with replaceable Holley jets work well in the outboard carbs. Are you using those? I may try those as opposed to the ones from Indianapolis.

- - - Updated - - -

And I plan to stick with the stock 64 jets in the center carb, and maybe go to 62s as I am at 5400 feet.

- - - Updated - - -

Will run the stock metering plates, see how those work.

Yes on outboards. Makes jet changes better.
The reason for center metering plate is I will be running a gear vendor OD and I might need a little extra tuning ability in the 2200-2500 range.
I'm at 820 ft.

Oh, well the center carb has a metering block. You are going to a metering plate on that one?

No quick fuel metering block

- - - Updated - - -

My mistake.

Update on Dyno for 440+6 553 TQ & 582 HP

- - - Updated - - -

Gary get your setup yet?

68 Hemi GTS I just noticed your kill switch in the reverse light, nice.

Looking good Gary!
Fed Ex picked the Six Pack set up Tuesday afternoon at 4PM PST.
3 boxes.
I'll PM you the tracking number.
"super-bee_ski"

Yes I am! Also, just got the hard pull to the right on acceleration fixed today. The left rear tire was 2" larger around! (circumference). So swapped them side to side, and now it pulls a little left on acceleration, but not as bad as when it pulled right. Funny how a larger tire makes it pull the opposite way on the gas, and the same way when you let off. Always learning something new here.

- - - Updated - - -

So next step is six pack install/tuning. The Holley 780 and Performer RPM that are on the car now are leaving the plugs a nice tan color, so motor is in great tune already. Starts up immediately. Wont be changing anything but the intake/carbs. Can't wait for this next crucial step in the conversion to a 440 six barrel Roadrunner!

Have you had it to the strip so you can do a before and after?

Yeah that should be good for -50 hp from sea level, guessing.

Have you had it to the strip so you can do a before and after?

Yes, it ran 13.30 at about a hundred MPH. The altitude makes it harder to get power up. My 69 RR with a 13 to 1 C/R 451 runs 12.30s in the 1/4 mile.@110. Similar set up as the 440.

- - - Updated - - -

Anxious to see what the 440 six pack does.

Jim who is doing my engine is at 5000 ft (Challis ID.) so his jetting might work for you. I know he said the 66's were way fat on the center and he was going down to 81-82s on the outboards today and going to stagger them.

Auto Transport Service
Back