• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six Pack Roadrunner Clone

Wednesday May 4th the 440 six pack Roadrunner will be tested at the drag strip (Bandimere). Previous best was 13.30@100 MPH with the Performer RPM and a Holley 3310 carb.

Well what was the TIME Gary??

Tap...tap...tap...
Screenshot_2015-12-14-08-16-47-1.png

Oh, sorry. I posted the time on a couple other spots, guess I missed this one. 12.90@ 105 MPH. Picked up .4 sec and 5 MPH. Not bad for a carb/manifold swap!

Good job! I have seen some "TV and magazines" comparisons between HP/TQ on built-up/stroker motors and the trend has been that the 6-pack usually falls short of a 4bbl/performance intake combo. Having said that, the 6bbl setup is a must to remain in use when the day comes that I get a motor built for me.

Good stuff,Good luck with it and a good/safe summer

Car has been running great, guess it's time for a fresh paint job, as the top clear coat has been bubbling and wearing away. Gonna stick with the vitamin C Orange color!

Good job! I have seen some "TV and magazines" comparisons between HP/TQ on built-up/stroker motors and the trend has been that the 6-pack usually falls short of a 4bbl/performance intake combo. Having said that, the 6bbl setup is a must to remain in use when the day comes that I get a motor built for me.
...I re read my post . I actually find quite a few (relatively) dyno sheet comparisons between modern race intake and 4 bbl carbs vs the 6 bbl and the 6 bbl is neck and neck. Even better for me .

Yeah but don't overlook the cool factor. A six pack is still a six pack and a 4 barrel is still a 4 barrel. No comparison.

Back in the day I had several 6 Pak setups. The 1st came from a 69 1/2 Super Bee with the OEM aluminum intake, air cleaner, but had a modified 500 2300 Holley center carb & mechanical linkage. I ran it at the track a few times. But I knew the mechanical linkage setup was no good. Was at my engine builders shop one night with a couple of buddies & my builder said we could drill a vaccum port & get the end carbs back to normal operation. He had a stock setup on hand, so we duplicated the vaccum port location with a piece of 1/8" brake line. Used a lead fishing line sinker in the brake line & drilled a hole that matched the stock hole diameter. Worked great. BTW you do need to pull the end carb idle plugs to get some tuning ability. A little tinkering with mine made an incredible difference in off the line performance. I found the stock end carb metering plates worked good, moved the center carb jets a couple of numbers depending on air temp. I also found the '70 stock carbs to be better & more consistent. '71's not so good, emission issues I suppose.

I went 10.95 with mine first time to the track this year with the new motor. tech guy said no more passes unless I put a roll bar in or come back for no Et race. I may go out this sat for the no ET deal, I currently have a 1050an carb on a tm6 I've been playing with. Would like to see how it stacks up to the 6bbl.

I went 10.95 with mine first time to the track this year with the new motor. tech guy said no more passes unless I put a roll bar in or come back for no Et race. I may go out this sat for the no ET deal, I currently have a 1050an carb on a tm6 I've been playing with. Would like to see how it stacks up to the 6bbl.

Just curious, how old of a TM6 is it? Did you weld up inside intake bolt holes & grind the runner straight?

Just curious, how old of a TM6 is it? Did you weld up inside intake bolt holes & grind the runner straight?

early 70's intake, i more less put it on the car to play with the 1050 carb i built. i did some port and plenum work on it. I'm not real concerned about the indent's, if i get serious about a single plane I'll step up to an indy or TF. The TM6 didn't cost me anything to try so that's why its on there. i figure I'd run it at the track for an idea of how it works. Butt meter says it strong but its hard to tell on the street as fast as the car is. I'll probably put the 6 pack back on for next year. it looks a hell of a lot cooler.

IMG_2429.JPG

i also run a 4412 center, and the 10.95 was driving it to the track and running through the mufflers. :thumbsup:
IMG_2377.JPG

I got good results from my TM6, welded the outside dimples & ground the runners. Of course had to angle drill the intake bolt holes. The combination with an 850 DP & my 452 low deck worked really good. My heads were 906 or 915 ported by me.

YES! The cool factor of the 6 bbl is a real plus, and because my Roadrunner is a V code, all the more reason to run the 6 bbl.

Well see what the Eddy Perf RPM Heads will do with the six pack. I think I lose about .9 sec at 5500 feet where I live in Colorado. (Compared to Sea Level) And several MPH too.

Ya, some of the Stock & Super Stock guys I used to race with would go to the Bandimere points meet & lose about a second and 4MPH, compared to Minnesota which is no where near sea level.

Down here at the tracks I run at I'm at (or below-lol) sea level.
Not to hijack, but how would that affect jetting? More jet (larger) vs higher altitude I guess?

Auto Transport Service
Back