• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slant with overdrive auto?

67Belv

Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has ever put an overdrive automatic behind a slant 6? I know it would be difficult due to the starter location. I enjoy my 225 and would like to change gears to 3.23 or 3.55 for a better launch but keep rpms reasonable on the highway. Any thoughts (besides me being crazy)? Thanks

You could get similar results by leaving your rear alone and using a 2.74 low gear torqueflite.

I've been looking for an overdrive combo for my /6 too and haven't heard of anything but a bolt on unit from gear venders. I don't really want to spend 3500 dollars on it though.

The 60's and early 70's Dodge trucks used a adapter plate and crank extension to run the 727 behind a slant.Hard to come by but still out there.Thus you can put a 518 OD and bolt it to the slant.You will have trans cross member and floor work to do.OR you can get a Gear Vendors set up for your 904.

Doing additional research came across this little jewel. They are in Canada and I haven't found a price yet but I like this better than a GV.

Auto Transport Service
Back