• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Small block Dist Point Adjustments How Do You Do Yours?

That's all it is!
Thanks Threewood for the confirmation.

So it looks like the Igniter connects to my Ignition #1 wire where I just added my new electric choke.

I would like to fuse the new electric choke & Igniter circuit. The choke should be less than one Amp.

Question how much current does the Igniter draw nominally? I dont see anything on this anywhere......

If you cannot find the felt (don't even try a parts store) I get mine at a crafts store and punch circles out of it. The oil lets he mechanical advance plate turn freely on the main shaft, usually the biggest issue I find. Just a couple of drops of engine oil is fine till you find it. If not send me your address I will send you one.

Thanks Threewood for the confirmation.

So it looks like the Igniter connects to my Ignition #1 wire where I just added my new electric choke.

I would like to fuse the new electric choke & Igniter circuit. The choke should be less than one Amp.

Question how much current does the Igniter draw nominally? I dont see anything on this anywhere......
Probably not even a amp.

Probably not even a amp.
Thanks Halifax for the reply and offer! Is there a channel that the oil trickles through or is it flung out over the top of the cup where the oil impregnated felt sits just out of curiosity?

Hey man right now it looks like a green light to bring my Coronet to the Chandler Harley Show Saturday if you want to stop by and say hi (if it makes it with the new Pertronix III and my circuit in it :) )

Hey man right now it looks like a green light to bring my Coronet to the Chandler Harley Show Saturday if you want to stop by and say hi (if it makes it with the new Pertronix III and my circuit in it :) )
Hey Jim, that might work all I have is an AM doctor appointment but me and the Mrs can stop by and check out your ride and the show. I will see if I can PM you. What time do you think you are going to be there? PM or I will PM you later today.

She is ready to fire up. I DID have a lot of trouble getting the dizzy cap over that honken Pertronix rotor. Its a snug fit........ I assume a snug fit will be or. My guess is that rotor spring contact is FULLY compressed............. its a stock tan no window dizzy cap too.
C38F22D4-E65F-4D03-BAB7-1C773E152E84.jpeg

Hey Jim, that might work all I have is an AM doctor appointment but me and the Mrs can stop by and check out your ride and the show. I will see if I can PM you. What time do you think you are going to be there? PM or I will PM you later today.

9am to 2pm.

She is ready to fire up. I DID have a lot of trouble getting the dizzy cap over that honken Pertronix rotor. Its a snug fit........ I assume a snug fit will be or. My guess is that rotor spring contact is FULLY compressed............. its a stock tan no window dizzy cap too.
View attachment 555736

Should go on as easy as with a points set. Did you get the hall effect collar pushed all the way on? The rotor sits in it so if it wasn't all the way down the rotor will be too high. Shouldn't have any resistance putting the cap on...

Bill told me you were going...I have to flippin work :( but off Sunday Monday

Should go on as easy as with a points set. Did you get the hall effect collar pushed all the way on? The rotor sits in it so if it wasn't all the way down the rotor will be too high. Shouldn't have any resistance putting the cap on...

Thanks man...Ok I will yank it out and inspect it darn....

Thanks man...Ok I will yank it out and inspect it darn....
Atleast it is easy to inspect . I don't want you to trash the cap / rotor when you spin it up. Also, I posted in the other thread....prime the carb through the 2 top vent holes on either side of the choke plate :)

Atleast it is easy to inspect . I don't want you to trash the cap / rotor when you spin it up. Also, I posted in the other thread....prime the carb through the 2 top vent holes on either side of the choke plate :)
Yup appreciate the help. When I get back to work on it I will check it out. I swear I pushed the collar all the way down. The rotor is noticeably larger but I did not measure it at the time....

No go the cap does not fit without full spring compression. Ring all the eay down and the magnets ARE in alignment on both pickup and magnet. I am wondering about this cap its old. Going to see if a nee fits any better.

No go the cap does not fit without full spring compression. Ring all the eay down and the magnets ARE in alignment on both pickup and magnet. I am wondering about this cap its old. Going to see if a nee fits any better.

Maybe the rotor is being held up by the collar? Is it fitting down inside the rotor cutout or maybe hanging up?

Maybe the rotor is being held up by the collar? Is it fitting down inside the rotor cutout or maybe hanging up?
Ok well I guess I did not seat the rotor down all the way. I took it appart 3 times and the third time it clicked down. That was all it needed. Thanks so mucj Threewood for encouraging me to check it out. It didn’t seem right but then again many things dont on Mopars lol.

Thanks Halifax for the reply and offer! Is there a channel that the oil trickles through or is it flung out over the top of the cup where the oil impregnated felt sits just out of curiosity?

No it is manually lubed, the main part of the shaft gets engine oil from the bottom and centrifical force works it up to the top shaft bearing. That is why there is a plastic washer on the "newer ones" on the shaft under the weights and also why you never want to put one of those big shaft collars on it with the allen hold down screw on them when the plastic one breaks.

Auto Transport Service
Back