• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, I bought a Nerf gun...

YY1

Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
Or actually two of them at a thrift store for a total of $5.

I've been thinking of trying them for the occasional "don't claw the couch" and "get of the counter" moments with our cats.

I only got 8 "bullets" or darts or whatever they call the ammo, so I thought I'd get some from ebay.

WHOA, apparently there's a fairly hard core following for these things.

1706724959322.png

1706724985272.png

This one's also got a grenade launcher-

1706725027427.png

1706725056566.png

Word to the wise, my cousin spent $1800 digging a bullet out of the cats stomach.
( ok well, his wife spent her money, he said fuuUuuck that! :rofl: )

That's a good point.

However, I see Nerf also makes cat toys.

I wonder if they have considered that they could be ingested.

I'll likely go get them soon after a shooting takes place.

I'm more concerned with the ability to catch them in the act, than not having to get up.

Generally, if they're acting up, they know it, and If I get up, they stop and flee.

I had a blast with the version that uses small round plastic balls - like mini golf balls.

My kids have had various Nerf guns over the years, and they think it's hilarious to shoot us while eating dinner or watching TV. :lol:

Beware, too much shooting at the cats they may start to shoot back…

1706734245984.gif

We used to have a cat that was always climbing up the screen door and trashing the screen.

A dish-soap bottle full of water from about ten feet could nail that cat halfway up the screen. Three or four times on that and he didn't do it anymore.....LOL!

We do have some high tech motion sensor air shooters.

They work pretty well but need some sort of light on to work.
They are expensive and can break and be very difficult to repair.
I have one of three currently working but the range is reduced for some reason.
It's on the kitchen counter pointing at a night light.

1706744182415.png

Cool (semi-auto ARs :poke: ) Nerf Guns, should be fun... :thumbsup:

I had a blast with the version that uses small round plastic balls - like mini golf balls.

My kids have had various Nerf guns over the years, and they think it's hilarious to shoot us while eating dinner or watching TV. :lol:
:xscuseless:

1706751885499.jpeg

That's my buddy Wanga loading up .....he rode shotgun with me on the Poker Run - this gun was used at one of the stops as an activity to get the next playing card.
The previous stop had something slippery on their driveway.....had traction issues....

1706751961907.jpeg

Video of Nerf in action coming shortly. :rofl:

Should be coming into view in a few minutes....

This is from the slippery driveway....

I’m sure you know - or at least should know - That you and untold millions of others wouldn’t be playing or warring with the Nerf equip had it not been for it’s famous inventor - Freddie the Foot Cox the former field goal kicker of the also famous 60’s/70’s Minnesota Vikings. Also to this day Cox holds the franchise record for most points scored. Fred also became a chiropractor upon retirement. He rarely missed his kicks and he certainly scored a touchdown with his Nerf invention.

My daughter is involved in nerf wars at her school. It's not school sponsored but the kids organize it themselves and it can't be on school property. She has a full auto one and she just bought like 500 rounds for it. I have to admit it's fun. Just hope no one gets hurt.

Folks bought us a Jart game when they came out, we played with it for hours in the yard until the novelty wore off. Who knew how friggin hazardous those were? Well, asbestos used to be all the thing once..

Folks bought us a Jart game when they came out, we played with it for hours in the yard until the novelty wore off. Who knew how friggin hazardous those were? Well, asbestos used to be all the thing once..
Every summer we spent hrs swimming in the rivers around here day and night.
Big fire on the sand bar , cold beer , good times.

Every summer we spent hrs swimming in the rivers around here day and night.
Big fire on the sand bar , cold beer , good times.
Golden days for sure. Buddy’s folks had property on a lake nearby some years before they put a home on it. Area is all developed now, unrecognizable. We’d take our dates out there to swim and raft for hours and later – some other fun. Seems like it was only an old dream now, before getting snagged to enter adulthood and all the BS that goes with it.

Your reminiscence of those summer days spent swimming in the rivers and enjoying bonfires on the sandbar sounds absolutely idyllic. There's something truly special about those carefree moments, isn't there? It's unfortunate how quickly time passes and how landscapes can change with development, but the memories remain etched in our minds forever.
If you're ever feeling nostalgic for those carefree summer days, why not add a fun twist to your outdoor activities with a Super Soaker water gun? Check out this article at Why the Best Super Soaker Water Gun is a Summer Must-Have. Here's to reliving those golden days, one splash at a time!

I bought this at a random farm auction a year or so ago. Although listed as a Nerf Bazooka, I guarantee that the Nerf company wants no part of this…
Precision machined completely out of aluminum, it utilizes CO2 cylinders or paint ball cylinders for propellant. It is definitely no toy. It will shoot a Nerf dart way over a hundred yards. Way over. I tell people that it would probably shoot a nerf dart through a small child. It wouldn’t, but that’s not far off. It makes a loud “whap” when you fire it, and your dart vanishes in the distance. If you weren’t paying attention where it went you won’t find it.
Literally every guy that has tried it offers to buy it from me. I have over fifty long guns, around fifteen handguns, and none of them garner the interest that this thing does.

IMG_0466.jpeg

I bought this at a random farm auction a year or so ago. Although listed as a Nerf Bazooka, I guarantee that the Nerf company wants no part of this…
Precision machined completely out of aluminum, it utilizes CO2 cylinders or paint ball cylinders for propellant. It is definitely no toy. It will shoot a Nerf dart way over a hundred yards. Way over. I tell people that it would probably shoot a nerf dart through a small child. It wouldn’t, but that’s not far off. It makes a loud “whap” when you fire it, and your dart vanishes in the distance. If you weren’t paying attention where it went you won’t find it.
Literally every guy that has tried it offers to buy it from me. I have over fifty long guns, around fifteen handguns, and none of them garner the interest that this thing does.

View attachment 1615467
if you can post a video :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back