• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So it begins, 5.7 and Nag1 install

Do you know what one would have to do to make the factory tcm work in our classics? I'm going to try and install NAG1's into both my cars. Biggest concern is it would be really great if i could just run one wheel sensor signal to the tcm(such as a wheel sensor off a newer rear axle like the 8.25 in a jeep cherokee or a dodge nitro likely needing shortening but easy)

Yah, I am trying to become a sponsor here so I can post up some sale stuff. I have a stand alone nag1 controller, speed sensor, etc for a custom installation.

Yah, I am trying to become a sponsor here so I can post up some sale stuff. I have a stand alone nag1 controller, speed sensor, etc for a custom installation.

You may be a answer to our prayers! :hello2:

I think you would do well here. In the process, Do you have a website we could check out? Very interested!

I think every guy in the new hemi department has been hoping for a guy like you to come around who does this stuff and supplies people like us. Nobody supports the 3g hemi really and especially the nag1.

At the very least let us know what you are capable of doing/supplying.

KB just re-drill the 5 on 4.5" pattern in the axles, My 99 R/T with a 440 was done like that.

Any issues with having enough meat left? I don't remember how much is left but I am sure I could have my machine shop to that.

The Durango (97-03) uses almost exactly the same width axle as a 66-67 b body and the whole axle with a 3.55 gear ratio and limited slip will be cheaper then either of the two for the 8 3/4. I can also get one already set up with rear disks. So I am considering that swap since I already know my axle needs new bearings and seals plus a limited slip and 742 case. (right now its a 2.94 open in a 741 case with the small u joint).

The Dakota and Durango 9.25 axles also run the rear diff speed sensor if that works for you and you wanted something a little stronger then the 8.25. I am considering running one of these axles myself but still need to investigate the cost of getting 5 lug axle shafts for it (instead of the 6 lug)
05+ are 5 lug and should be the same width as the earlier ones.

I think every guy in the new hemi department has been hoping for a guy like you to come around who does this stuff and supplies people like us. Nobody supports the 3g hemi really and especially the nag1.

At the very least let us know what you are capable of doing/supplying.

I don't want to get in trouble with the admins. I am a B body owner and I am here to be part of the community. I don't want to get booted for not being a supported vendor.

Here is what I can and have done
Built 1000+ horsepower LX cars
Build all kinds of gen3 hemi motors and combos
designed cam's for everything from stock 5.7's up to big stroker 6.1's
Anything that is 5.7/6.1 based hemi I can tune them
We do minor chassis work (stuffing NAG1's in cars is a piece of cake)
Tub or mini tubs no problem

We design and manufacturer clutches
includes cad/cam, cnc work, etc....if nobody makes it.....we can

Im not going to post any links or anything. If I can become a vendor then I will post more info. Let's just say from a mechanical standpoint there is almost nothing we can't do. We can do almost anything from a wiring and ecm standpoint as well. We are a diablo CMR dealer so we do all the tuning. I have access to the chrysler engineering software so we can flash ecm's for any kind of setup you could possibly run. Seriously, we are PERFECTLY setup to do gen3 conversions. We have probably done 100 2005-2011 mopars in the last 2 years. We know our gen3 drive train like very few other shops

05+ are 5 lug and should be the same width as the earlier ones.

I am pretty sure the 05 and up durango's bolt pattern is 5 x 5. Also they have a strange setup on the back of the cover which i think is some sort of panhard bar....I am not sure I have not investigated.

It should not be a large expense to re-drill the shafts and rotors.

I would advise against doing anything other than a 8.75, ford 9, or dana. There are other ways to pickup speed sensor data

I would advise against doing anything other than a 8.75, ford 9, or dana. There are other ways to pickup speed sensor data
that is true but in a street driver that isn't going to see much track time That diff should be more then strong enough. speed sensors already being installed is just a plus.

The Dakota R/T's had the 9 1/4 rear axle and were plenty beefy the 440 I had in mine was pushing 650HP and it never blew and I drove it on the street with Nascar Goodyear slicks.

The Dakota R/T's had the 9 1/4 rear axle and were plenty beefy the 440 I had in mine was pushing 650HP and it never blew and I drove it on the street with Nascar Goodyear slicks.
The biggest thing I'm trying to figure out is how my speed sensors would react and I believe it would mostly come down to tuning the speed sensor pulses. It's actually a pretty simple system you just have to get the transmission to see the right pulses. Looking at factory charger irs systems there is about 6-8" that could potentially be cut out of the subframe to make it fit in any vehicle.

that is true but in a street driver that isn't going to see much track time That diff should be more then strong enough. speed sensors already being installed is just a plus.

Im just thinking from a cost standpoint. Why buy another rear end when you can get where you want just a speed senor on the driveshaft

Im just thinking from a cost standpoint. Why buy another rear end when you can get where you want just a speed senor on the driveshaft
in my case I'm going to need a new axle anyways. I can buy a 8 1/4 diff out of a 2008 Dodge Dakota(should just need the bolt pattern redrilled) for 850 bucks with low miles from a salvage yard. dakota digital sells adjustable pulse converters.

Sounds like a plan, do you sell a kit for that? Or can you recommend something for that? Then could I just send my tcm to you to have it tuned. For the different speed on the drive shaft?

Ok I was gone for a day.

I am not looking for crazy strength here, its a street driver so the 9.25 is plenty. Basically here is the way I am looking at it:

My stock 8 3/4 is in need of wheel bearings, new brakes (and I am not rebuilding the old drums so disks of some sort), and a new center section with a posi....all of that adds up to around a grand really.

I can pick up a 9 1/4 for a couple hundred ~ 300 or so with disk brakes already on it which have pads and calipers available in any parts store. This would also come with a 3.55 rear end and posi unit.

I'll store my 8 3/4 away in the shed and over the next however many years ill rebuild it and when I put in my 4-link I can re-insert it.

The speedometer thing is just a bonus otherwise I am going with a speedhut gps speedo which is about the same cost as most of the standart speedo's.

Do you know what one would have to do to make the factory tcm work in our classics? I'm going to try and install NAG1's into both my cars. Biggest concern is it would be really great if i could just run one wheel sensor signal to the tcm(such as a wheel sensor off a newer rear axle like the 8.25 in a jeep cherokee or a dodge nitro likely needing shortening but easy)

As a matter of fact I do know what it would take, and for most folks it is more than they are willing to do. 5 controllers, 5 harnesses, a speed sensor pickup (can be done on the driveshaft)

It is a **** ton of work. If someone from the forum would get back to me on sponsorship fees I would start posting simplified kits for sale. :)

As a matter of fact I do know what it would take, and for most folks it is more than they are willing to do. 5 controllers, 5 harnesses, a speed sensor pickup (can be done on the driveshaft)

It is a **** ton of work. If someone from the forum would get back to me on sponsorship fees I would start posting simplified kits for sale. :)
My biggest satisfaction has always come from doing it myself. I pride myself in saying if I don't know it I will once I'm done.

Its an exercise in patience. The information is out there if you want to do it yourself. When I say the kit simplifies things, I mean cuts out like 4 harnesses and controllers. One controller, one harness, one speed sensor.

Auto Transport Service
Back