• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So it begins, 5.7 and Nag1 install

I'm Back! Its been a busy summer, so the satellite has been on hold. But things are starting to slow down so I'm back to work.

New fuel pumps installed, out of a 06 magnum. Also have the gauges out of a 06 magnum so the:

Fuel gauge works
They will run at the right PSI
No return line, due to constant circulating between the pumps.
Pump housing is desighed to reduce starvation problems

DSC04319.JPGDSC04320.JPG

I love me some modern mopars dont get me wrong, but loose that tank. It is way more hassle then it is worth, trust me. If you never plan on doing anything but a stock motor it will work. I put $2000 fuel systems in new mopars all the time. You can improve that tank a ton with a new 392 fuel pump for under $200. I would swap it out from the start if I were you.

Got My new radiator, its a Champion 3 core made for a 1970 mustang. fits nicely, with both hoses on the passanger side. Used a upper hose from a 05 300c on the bottom. and modified the bottom hose to work on the top.

I Made the shroud out of a piece of stainless steel. DSC04321.JPGDSC04324.JPG

We have the newest firmwarm for the nag1 controller done and it will be ready to ship right after sema. If you are still doing a nag1 this is the only true standalone controller for the nag1

We have the newest firmwarm for the nag1 controller done and it will be ready to ship right after sema. If you are still doing a nag1 this is the only true standalone controller for the nag1

can you send any info on this. i am close to tearing mine down finally. (work & money) i got the nag1 bolted to the hemi ready for transplant. if you got one going i think you are the only one that does.

can you send any info on this. i am close to tearing mine down finally. (work & money) i got the nag1 bolted to the hemi ready for transplant. if you got one going i think you are the only one that does.

I do not think this ever was released nit that we have seen anyways, However we are currently working on a solution as well but still no release date as of yet but we will keep you posted

Great work so far! What is the throttle pedal out of? Did you have to modify it?

I do not think this ever was released nit that we have seen anyways, However we are currently working on a solution as well but still no release date as of yet but we will keep you posted

let me know if you get this going. i have already talk to chris on the phone and sent you an email on what i have. if you get this to work i will order a boat load of parts from you guys. thanks usaroadrunner

As a matter of fact I do know what it would take, and for most folks it is more than they are willing to do. 5 controllers, 5 harnesses, a speed sensor pickup (can be done on the driveshaft)

It is a **** ton of work. If someone from the forum would get back to me on sponsorship fees I would start posting simplified kits for sale. :)
What 5 controllers?

Sorry no updates lately. Project been on hold due to getting married and building my own house.
But have not given up. Plugged all the wiring harnesses together and started it up shortly before I had to put it on hold. So that was a good feeling. it runs at least!
Modified some srt8 Cherokee headers to fit.
Will post more pics and progress this summer.

Nice job so far! I totally understand putting it on hold until things settle down, but here's to hoping things settle down soon so we can all enjoy seeing more progress!

66hemisatellite did you use stock k member and did you do much to the jeep srt headers to fit? And lxmodguy did you ever get permission or have any advise on getting the nag 1 to play nice? I'm new here and in the process of doing 6.1 nag1 swap in 69 charger, just looking for any advice from anyone. Thanks

66hemisatellite did you use stock k member and did you do much to the jeep srt headers to fit? And lxmodguy did you ever get permission or have any advise on getting the nag 1 to play nice? I'm new here and in the process of doing 6.1 nag1 swap in 69 charger, just looking for any advice from anyone. Thanks
I'm in the middle of. 6.1 swap with the NAG1 transmission and I'm using a controller and harness from Powertrain Control Solutions. PCS Designed the system to work stand alone. Kit come with a sensor and ring that bolts to the transmission yoke for output speed. You have to tap into the throttle position and use the factory shifter. Kits was 1200$ I think and Russell from PCS has been great at answering questions.

I'm in the middle of. 6.1 swap with the NAG1 transmission and I'm using a controller and harness from Powertrain Control Solutions. PCS Designed the system to work stand alone. Kit come with a sensor and ring that bolts to the transmission yoke for output speed. You have to tap into the throttle position and use the factory shifter. Kits was 1200$ I think and Russell from PCS has been great at answering questions.
Yeah I've been talking with Russell and I'm going that route. Are you using stock kmember? I saw someone on here used stock kmember with tti header and the nag1, but he had to use a jeep bellhousing so the starter would be on the driver side... I know the headers fit with the motor and tranny but never saw if he got it all to fit in the bay. Would be nice if it all just bolts up nicely.

I'm using anRMS K member with stock 2006 srt8 charger manifolds. One thing you will need is a an rpm signal and the only thing I've found is an MSD box that ties into your OBII port. There might be some other way but I haven't found it

Auto Transport Service
Back