• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So The Patriots Were Cheating... Again

I'm still pissed about the Patriots filming the other teams. I know that cost the Eagles the Super Bowl in '04. Many players have said it was like the Patriots knew exactly what they were going to do the entire game, and they still had a chance to win. Damn you Donovan McNabb!! It's not a surprise that Belichick will do anything to win. Pete Carroll isn't squeaky clean either. These guys don't get to these positions without cutting corners somewhere on top of the hard work.

In reality, there is NO F'N WAY that 2lb under-inflated balls caused a 38 point difference in a game. I don't give a damn what anyone says. That's pure physical dominance and game planning. Go back and watch the Patriots offensive line beat the stuffing out of the Colts D-Line. That will tell you all you need to know about the game. Plus the Patriots ran the ball 40 times in that game!! That was the difference. They only completed 23 passes total for 220 yards. If they threw for 350 yards in blinding ice storms and snow then maybe there would be more here.

I don't like it, but this is the world we live in. Do you think they checked the balls psi levels in the 50's-90's when everyone was on steroids/coke/whatever else and there wasn't all this 'attention' to detail? I sure as hell don't.

In a dry game the ball pressure wouldn't make much difference, but in a rain soaked game it's a huge advantage. When was the last time you saw a team, any team, put up 45 points in a rain-soaked game? I can't remember any off the top of my head. And the reason why is it's damn hard to move a fully-inflated ball in the rain. Passer accuracy goes down, number of receptions goes down, and turnovers go up. Your play calling is also affected because you can't throw deep balls and running plays are a gamble due to fumbles. But, if you're playing with under-inflated balls, you can do things your opponent can't, which is why there are so many rules about ball pressures.

As for this being the world we live in, I hope that's not true. Once your attitude takes too big a hold with fans, the NFL is going to become no different than wrestling.

I agree the PATRIOTS suck they win by cheating NFL should make them forfeit the game

Hi guys...
I'm a Pat's fan...

Gee, it is strange that on every play...the Referee's held the football.

Yeah, see...by simply underflating the football (allegedly) by less than 2 lbs even your team can win by 40 points or more...

Give me a break!

Aaron Rodgers flat out said he inflates his 1 LB higher!

Your teams lost...dont be a "Meat Head Rob Lowe"
Dont be a player hater...

Who cares. The pats could have been throwing cheeseburgers and still beat their ***. The colts suck plain and simple

Hi guys...
I'm a Pat's fan...

Gee, it is strange that on every play...the Referee's held the football.

Yeah, see...by simply underflating the football (allegedly) by less than 2 lbs even your team can win by 40 points or more...

Give me a break!

Aaron Rodgers flat out said he inflates his 1 LB higher!

Your teams lost...dont be a "Meat Head Rob Lowe"
Dont be a player hater...

The refs pick balls up and put them down, they don't squeeze them. But, this story just took a major turn. Chris Mortensen just reported on Sportscenter that the Colts intercepted an under-inflated ball during their regular season game against the Patriots this year, and in their pre-game issues they submitted to the officials they specifically requested that the officials be on the watch for under-inflated balls being used by the Patriots.

I had thought this was something the Patriots only did during the championship game to capitalize on the rain, but if what Mortensen is reporting is true then the Patriots have been cheating during regular season games as well, which elevates this to a whole new level.

And I have to wonder how anyone can think using an under-inflated football in the rain would have nothing to do with a 40-point disparity in scores. You guys have obviously never played football. Deflating a ball makes it so much easier to hold, throw, catch, and hold on to, which is why there are so many rules about ball pressures. It's the same as someone being forced to drag race with full pressure in their tires and losing to a guy with 5-10 PSI in the tires. You can't expect equal outcomes when one side has equipment that is far better than the equipment used by the other.

By the way, Aaron Rodgers did say he likes his balls pressured on the high side, which is great for guys like him who have large hands. He also said he didn't think there should be limits on how high a pressure is used but there must be limits placed on how low the pressure can be because that has such a big impact.

He also said he didn't think there should be limits on how high a pressure is used but there must be limits placed on how low the pressure can be because that has such a big impact.

OK, so now punters and Field Goal kickers are going to want major pressure so they can kick farther. Then what, Helium balls for kickers. WRONG all around I say! Set a Standard, Enforce the Standard!

Actually there are rules for the pressure for balls that are kicked. They require special inspection and marking procedures so they cannot be mistaken for regular game balls.

As for standards, they have been set and they are enforced. The problem here is someone decided to cheat.

OK, so now punters and Field Goal kickers are going to want major pressure so they can kick farther. Then what, Helium balls for kickers. WRONG all around I say! Set a Standard, Enforce the Standard!

They are higher pressure already. No (He) yet though.

Ultimately it's up to the owners of all the teams to preserve whatever integrity the NFL has. They own the teams, the league, and everything that's even remotely associated with the NFL including the Commissioner and the rules committee. I seriously doubt that the Pats (and Belichick) will get anything more than a slap on the wrist and that's a shame. If the league doesn't severely punish the Pats they are sending a message. That message is, don't get caught.

For those who follow the NFL {& post in the thread below}, all know how I feel,
I don't hide my distain...

Once a cheater always a cheater !!, win at all cost !!, nothing new here/status quo :headbang:
{have I ever said how much I dislike Tom Brady ?? & Bilacheat or the Patriots...LOL}

"Bilacheat" at the helm, nothing new, he just got caught again... :icon_fU:

IMHFO Losing another draft pick & a peanuts fine {$500k & $250k, went to charity} in that income level, isn't much of a punishment when going to the Super Bowl far outweighs any of the penalties, that were levied from the previous sanctions on the New England Patriots for Spygate, filming opponents signals & walkthrough's, during the season for years & "allegedly" prior to the 2001 Super Bowl against the Rams...
They haven't won a Super Bowl sense those fines & taking away that draft pick & being able to cheat, went to 2 lost Both to the Giants, {have I ever said, how much I dislike all the Mannings too ??...LOL}

BUT; Back to reality...LOL
They didn't win the game because of the underinflated balls,
they won or the Colts lost, because NE's LeGarrett Blunt
{former Pitt's Steeler for a short time, but a Oregon Duck I may add}
ran over the Colts defensive line "all damn game", eating the clock & wearing down the moral & stamina,
all while building up the moral of the Pats, for like 150 yards, getting needed 1st downs when they needed them,
getting Bilacheat & Tom Brady along with the other "cheaters" into scoring position "allot"...

The Colt had "Gronk" {NE TE} in check the 1st half, then pretty much let him run free &
pretty much unobstructed/uncovered the 2nd half...
Makes no sense...

The Colts weak defensive scheme & lack of offensive progress "at all", is what lost that game, for them...

I wrote something similar
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...NFL-Is-Here!!!-Let-The-Smack-Commence!/page79
read post #1570 form that thread, I don't really feel like typing all of that again...

Again once a cheat always a cheat...

They should be reprimanded, fined & another draft pick taken away, just like they were before,
@ a minimum, if it's actually true & I'd bet it's all true...
That's the NFL today, it stands for Not For Long
if you don't win, sportsmanship & rules be damned...

go Raiders
I'll be a Seattle Fan for the Super Bowl too, regardless of the outcome...LOL

In a dry game the ball pressure wouldn't make much difference, but in a rain soaked game it's a huge advantage. When was the last time you saw a team, any team, put up 45 points in a rain-soaked game? I can't remember any off the top of my head. And the reason why is it's damn hard to move a fully-inflated ball in the rain. Passer accuracy goes down, number of receptions goes down, and turnovers go up. Your play calling is also affected because you can't throw deep balls and running plays are a gamble due to fumbles. But, if you're playing with under-inflated balls, you can do things your opponent can't, which is why there are so many rules about ball pressures.

I played enough football in all kinds of weather to not agree (I started all 4 years in college at Center). That game had nothing to do with air pressure, it has everything to do with the Colts not being able to match up.

The Eagles scored 34 points last year in 12" of snow, 28 points of which where in the 4th quarter, so don't tell me you can't score a lot of points in bad weather quickly. That must of been a Hell of a lot of fun to be in...

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/1208/nfl_a_eagles-lions_b1_600x400.jpg

How is it, if the under inflated balls gave the Pats and advantage , that the Colts did not have the SAME ADVANTAGE!!!! I have NEVER heard of each team only using the balls on THEIR side if the field when THEY have possession????? What a bunch of bullshit!
Disclaimer; I do NOT care for the Pats and NEVER have!

I played enough football in all kinds of weather to not agree (I started all 4 years in college at Center). That game had nothing to do with air pressure, it has everything to do with the Colts not being able to match up.

The Eagles scored 34 points last year in 12" of snow, 28 points of which where in the 4th quarter, so don't tell me you can't score a lot of points in bad weather quickly. That must of been a Hell of a lot of fun to be in...

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/1208/nfl_a_eagles-lions_b1_600x400.jpg

I totally agree, the colts phoned it in, but even the slightest hint of wrongdoing will feed the ire of the losing team/fan, and since this isn't the first time that the Pats are at the center of the discussion, there's going to be controversy. Winning is all about gaining a competitive advantage and sometimes the line between right and wrong becomes blurred like the formations that the Pat's used in the Ravens game, legal, Yes, commonly used, no. Belichick is a football genius and he lays awake at night trying to figure out how to beat you ..., and he usually does ....

That said, I hate the SOB and I hope Seattle doesn't wait until the 4th quarter to start playing.

For all these people who want to believe that deflating balls makes no difference, ask yourselves this: if it really makes no difference, then why would any team risk fines, penalties, loss of draft picks, and their integrity, to do it?

If your not cheating, you are not trying hard enough! HAAAAA:grin:

Auto Transport Service
Back