• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what do you think of this '70 V code 'Cuda? Super deal, or smell like fish?

So what are you all thinking?
I'm thinking those meats are a little on the small side.

I would tread carefully and thoroughly check the car - numbers and the back-story before parting with cash on something that could be an expensive non-legit re-body.

I have a similar car. It’s Vitamin C though. If you show up with cash, you could probably make a deal with the guy. Like everything else they have gone up.
A89A2776-0E01-4ED5-B14B-AD08210B7A09.jpeg
8F1E8DC4-AED4-40F2-B519-941502BE7AC1.jpeg

Any pre restoration photos ?
If its complete and just needs K frame and engine as said.
The title wouldn't stop me if I liked the car

I sold the perfectly good K frame from my 70 V-code Roadrunner after I installed a complete QA1 K-member and front suspension and put a few miles on it. I knew I'd never put the factory K-member back in and I didn't want to "hang on to" it so someone could have it when I'm dead and the car gets sold.
I'd do a QA1 setup in this car and never look back.

The body numbers are on the engine side of the rad support and the driver’s side top of the cowl on my Hamtramck 11/69 built car.

I'll sell you my V code. All numbers matching, A34 super track pack, completely restored, ready to go for 90k.
Andy
2.JPG

I don't understand people that put all sorts of time and dollars into a car without a title or a title in their name. What if somebody says its been stolen? How can it be stolen when it has your signature. But that's not my signature!

That is my problem with this deal. If he had titled it in his name before putting up for sale, I would be pulling my trailer there as we speak. I did a google search on the name that is on the title the current seller plans to give to the new buyer. That man is deceased.

That car is now listed for sale with a third party consigner. How are they going to transfer title? The name on the title does not match the current sellers name. And the seller wants $100 bills. At least thats what he told me.

People float titles all the time but with a car like this he should have transferred it. I too won't put any money into a car that wasn't titled in my name.

Looks like a nicely done car so far. I don't know how far your traveling, but I don't think I would go anywhere with that kind of money. Sorry. What's wrong with a wire transfer, much safer. And I'm just thinking out loud but why put any money in a vehicle before you register or title it in your name.

A 70 V code 'Cuda, no engine or K frame comes with the car. Most everything else is with the car, already restored or rebuilt, ready to install. $65000. But here is the catch, and seems like there is always a catch.

The car is in California, it has a Minnesota title signed off by the owner the current seller bought it from some years ago. Open title, just the owners signature, no dates or any other sales information on the title.

Might be legit, but maybe not. The current seller wants all $100 bills. No bank checks, no wire transfers.

So what are you all thinking?

View attachment 1238104View attachment 1238111
View attachment 1238105
View attachment 1238106
View attachment 1238107
View attachment 1238108
View attachment 1238112
View attachment 1238113View attachment 1238114

Either go yourself or hire an inspector or both. It's worth it if you're thinking about spending that kind of money. I have paid IN PERSON with cash many times. Never had a problem.

Looks alot like my old car I sold in 2010 or 2011, I can't remember. My vin was 157025, with a12 scheduled build date. If that is it I can tell you some about the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back