• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sob Story-Am I Stingy?

Aw, c'mon.....
Don't judge a man/woman until you walk in their shoes.....
A quote by Mary Veronica Ryan... my grandmother, arrived in America 1909...helped raise me in the 50s and 60s.....

it's difficult to understand, but being a disabled VET myself, we are truly a bargain to the Industrial/Technological market....
Just saying...
IMO a 60-80 percent Vet is more valuable than a 25 year old today....

View attachment 1142836

HIRE ME!!!
View attachment 1142837

Future CEOs
View attachment 1142838

That all depends on the "disability"...And the 25 year old...

That is perhaps the most ridiculously foolish comment I have ever seen on "our" Forum.
Congratulations!
YOU ARE A WINNER...!!!!

Who on this wonderful planet placed YOU in charge of categorizing worthiness when dealing our Veterans with disabilities...?
Oh... I get it now, a typical Left Coast Liberal....
What have YOU done for our Country?
Just what have you sacrificed?

Comments like yours truly infuriate me....

Last edited:
Am mexican too, and proud to be one, ,maybe this sound, a little odd to you you people, but out of curiosity do you know this kids family? Maybe he need the money, for a sister or a relative, who knows, I always thought that is a sin and a mortal one not to help another if you can do it, that's just me, yes I choose not to help people, instead I help stray dogs, that was my choice, but if you do not know this kid family maybe a little trip to know them, wouldn't hurt, God reward those who help.

Last edited:
Did we ever find out how Old the "Kid" is ?

Previous posts have made me recall a quote from a 1973 article on the trucking business in Motor Trend, which I read shortly before beginning my career as a driver. "...Learning that, through the kindness of a stranger, a man might survive, and so in turn, becoming generous..." In the 1970s, in an era long before cell phones and gps systems, I got schooled in this quickly. My first breakdown in bitter weather, miles from a pay phone, then a ride from the next passing 18-wheeler, driver got me to a safe haven, said pass it on to the next guy... I've tried to.

Last edited:
There are many people that are poor in this world. This whole subject about the ten dollars brings to mind the way my father was treated when we first came from Germany to Canada. As my father sat by himself, not knowing anyone and not able to understand all that was being said, the foreman said out loud for all to hear, I'm giving that poor asshole a nickel more an hour, they all laugh. My father basically understood and knew he was made to look small in front of the rest of the group. My father never forgot it, it drove him to better himself. He scrimped and saved, put up with the bullshit early on and in 7 years we were ready to move. The foreman told my father that he was one of his best and maybe he could rethink leaving. My father laughed and with a finger pointed in the mans face said, this poor asshole is moving on. My father died a very comfortably man in more ways than one. My brother and I were taught to be kind and giving to anyone in need and NEVER look down your nose at others. My bother is a bit tight with his money, but me, I now spend it freely. Now back to your helper.

This young man is good enough for you to use all this time to work around you home, but not good enough to trust for an advance. This to me is no longer about him, it's about you. If you don't trust him, send him packing. If he's good enough to use as cheap labor, advance him the money. I know how Mexico works, I have family that have a shipping business in Mexico city. As always, this is just my opinion.

Mauricio is still coming by once in awhile for work. Last week I was short a dollar in change, and told him I would make up the difference next time. Today he showed up and worked his usual two hours (this time raking leaves the whole time). Before I paid him the ten bucks, I placed the dollar I owed in his hand. He looked at me and said he forgot all about it. Makes me wonder sometimes about the "memory" and "mindset" of the newest generation. He is a good worker, but a little absent-minded I find.

Could be a polite, round about way of saying, he didn’t want to put you on the spot. He respects you.

Could be a polite, round about way of saying, he didn’t want to put you on the spot. He respects you.

In a world that's getting harder to understand, I'm going with you on this one because it brings me hope. Everyone needs someone.

Auto Transport Service
Back