• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soliciting some advice on my new Roadrunner

20230410_195913.jpg

20230410_195905.jpg

Assuming you're planning on doing the work yourself, what do you think about trying the 2' area first?

Assuming you're planning on doing the work yourself, what do you think about trying the 2' area first?
I mean, I'll try anything twice lol. Tbh I think the hood has the worst blistering.

That's great news and an opportunity. If the hood gaps are nice, scribe lines at the hinge mounts, pull the hood and redo it apart from the rest. Take a hinge or if a big piece of paint will chip off, (at least an inch size piece), to a quality auto paint supplier and have them match a quart with a tintometer and get the rest of the supplies they recommend, from cleaners, primers and sandpaper.

PS: You are a better man than me, if you can get it stripped, repaired, primed, blocked out, top coated and cut, and then back on the car in less than a couple weeks.

Last edited:
I believe they need about a 12" fairly flat section to get their paint matching camera to work.

Drive the car to them. They'll find a spot.

Agree. The hood is a great detachable work area.

My Charger isn't original...but it's a period respray in single stage lacquer. I figure late 70s, maybe early '80s. I did wet sand and polish it about six times after I got it - it had all the shine of a pool table when I first bought it.

877217.jpg

0404211833a.jpg

FL car all its life, basically one owner (I got it from the guy who bought it from the original owners' estate; he had it less than a year). My guess is either FL sun fade, or I *think* there's a small bit of mud over the left rear wheel. There's finger smudges on the driver door frame in about eighteen different shades of green, and they still didn't get it right - it's a little too blue, the factory F4 light green has more of a gold hue to it. My guess is, if that is mud...they tried to match the quarter, missed...and sprayed the whole thing.

Personally, I hate the black rub strips...but I don't want to pull them off because they'll take paint with them, and I do NOT want to paint the car. I love that it's basically original. I also love that it's green - ALL the Chargers you see nowadays are high impact colors, or black, or red...I like the fact that this is still one of the mainstream colors from the '70s, which is rare now.

I also love DRIVING the car. I take it to Lowe's. The grocery store. Petsmart. It's a car, and I get to USE it. If it were perfect, and fresh-painted, and laser-straight...I'd be paranoid. As it is, it has flaws, and nicks, and dings, and bug guts....and I get to ENJOY it.

If you can spot-fix the paint that's on it (mine is a great ten-footer), go for it. If you can't...it's original. I have people comment all the time that they love the originality on mine, when they see it out and about. It isn't hiding anything - it's honest.

Auto Transport Service
Back