• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some question for build-up

Breth

Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi, im Sascha and own a Performance Shop in switzerland where we builing some classic american customcars.
The newest Project "could" be a Superbird custom replica. Because we have a 1970 Roadrunnerclone sitting in the shop and i wanna turn it to somthing special. Purist`s gonna hate it, sry for that. But i wanna build somthing like a Protoruring-wingcar. Means somthing "like" the F&F-daytona from the film, wich inspired me. We are not a restaurationshop, we only build that customstuff.

I rode that for a propper swap it needs coronet hood and front fenders. My question is what is the diffrents between the roadrunner and the coronet fenders? I would give the Nose anyway a diffrent style i would try to short it a bit and maybe do a few other modifications to. The hood will be a custom piece anyway.

What im trying to find is Superbirdnose in fiberglass in used condition would be best for cheap, because we cut it anyway, and a Superbird wing also in Fiberglass, because we wanna modifide it also. Would that nose fitts or is this a complete no-go?

Best regards from switzerland, Sascha

The Coronet & Roadrunner fenders simply have a different shape & you will make your build A LOT easier if you get some Coronet fenders. There are some "borderline" quality aftermarket Superbird noses available, but I think they're metal. I'm not sure if anyone reproduces the wing, but again, it will me much easier to start with a reproduction (PLEASE don't cut up an original one). If you do something custom with the headlights you will save a ton of money on the build because a lot of the Superbird headlight parts are EXPENSIVE.

Yeah i think best way for
Me would be a complete fierglass frontclip i can shape how i want but have the right basic.

Auto Transport Service
Back