• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

someones been snooping around my cars

my66-67-68-69-72bbodies

Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
and stole my fender tag off my match# 68 charger
how the hell am i gonna replace that?????pissed off in s.c.

I would file a report with the police and keep an eye out for someone dumb enough to put it on their car.
Hey your a car guy just looking at an old car no one would expect you to be looking for a fender tag on their car to see if it is yours!

My fender tag was "liberated" while in storage at the prior owner's. I don't have a build sheet. Met a guy at the 'nats that repopped them. He looked at the car and as I wanted a tag as it was built not as it sat (air grabber, rear wing were not original) he was cool with it and made me one for a reasonable price - he said if I had tried to make a tag that was not correct for the car as-built he would have told me to take a hike, didn't want any part of a clone or a scam. I might be able to find his address - let me know if you are interested.

My fender tag was "liberated" while in storage at the prior owner's. I don't have a build sheet. Met a guy at the 'nats that repopped them. He looked at the car and as I wanted a tag as it was built not as it sat (air grabber, rear wing were not original) he was cool with it and made me one for a reasonable price - he said if I had tried to make a tag that was not correct for the car as-built he would have told me to take a hike, didn't want any part of a clone or a scam. I might be able to find his address - let me know if you are interested.

I WOULD BE INTERESTED ! my 69 charger is missing it's tag
but i have the build sheet !

what does something like that cost ?

Thanks Adam. Ouch ... $235/tag (unless your vehicle is highly optioned and requires a second tag ... then it's an additional $125).

yes, very interested would be nice

its a plain ole 68 bb centr console yeller charger,but its all orig

If you have a picture of your FT there is no prblem getting an exact duplicate.

You can have tags made by Galen Govier.GTS Galens Tag Service.You must have a buildsheet or window sticker.

You send the info to Galen, but he doesn't actually make the tag. I forget which one it is, but he sends them to someone you can send them to directly

I would go through Galen.I have seen alot of fender tags the last few years that are clearly repos.The font is all wrong.Letters and numbers usally to small and too thin.
Jim

I would go through Galen.I have seen alot of fender tags the last few years that are clearly repos.The font is all wrong.Letters and numbers usally to small and too thin.
Jim

A thin font tag is correct for a California car.

The attached picture is of a California built 1967 Coronet R/T that i used to own. I don't know if you can tell from this picture but it is a thin font tag.

The lower tag is not of the same car but rather a 67 GTX convertible I also used to own at the same time.

FENDERTAGS.jpg

Sorry to hear that someone swiped your fender tag, I know it is something that you don't expect to happen to your car. Did you happen to make a fender tag rubbing/photo of it before this happened? (That is the first thing I do whenever I purchase a car, then I remove the fender tag for storage in a safety deposit box at the local bank for safe keeping. Might seem paranoid, but if it prevents problems, then it is worth it to me.) If you registered the Charger with TDC, contact Wayne W. and let him know what happened so he can keep a lookout incase it comes up somewhere. It might be a long shot to watch ebay, but you never know. I had the orginal doors to my 1970 Charger RT show up on there out of the blue.....

Auto Transport Service
Back