• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sometimes ya gotta get Lucky....

1 Wild R/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
thumbnail_output_image1704828445865.jpg

Got a call a few weeks ago, a friend of a friend had been tasked with finding a Neon Green Challenger Convertible..

Drove the car 300 miles down to Burbank Sunday, went to the Burbank airport & picked up a rental car & dropped the Challenger off at a studio Sunday evening....

Monday started the day at The Peterson Museum, toured the whole place including "The Vault"..
Then headed out to Simi Valley to tour The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library...
And to finish the day met for dinner with member @autoxcuda & also met with the friend of a friend.....

Tuesday Started with a good breakfast with another friend who was on his phone pulling strings... When we left breakfast we started our adventure at the Burbank Airport... He wasn't sure he could pull it off but we had to try... And, sure enough, we got a tour of Jay's garage which was insane... Unfortunately it was requested we not take photos beyond the one I posted... But if you haven't already seen pictures you haven't been on the internet....

And to finish the experience we were able to get into another private collection of over 150 vehicles.. Very diverse, American, European & Asian... All great & unusual cars... And the Host/owner was great to spend time with...

Some days the stars align & you gotta enjoy the ride....

thumbnail_IMG_8668.jpg

Definitely qualifies as a Score.... I had hopes of seeing Jay's Garage, but zero expectations of it actually happening... But somehow the stars aligned... Seeing the second private collection was icing on the cake....

We did the Peterson twenty plus years ago.. It's fancier now than it was then... But not better... Damn near a whole floor dedicated to Tesla :wtf::screwy:

The Reagan Library & Air Force One was cool, I liked it cause it's very relevant & shows what a strong leader can accomplish.... I served in the Military under his predecessor so I'm very aware of what a weak leader can accomplish as well....

We did the Peterson twenty plus years ago.. It's fancier now than it was then... But not better... Damn near a whole floor dedicated to Tesla :wtf::screwy:

Yea, I was there first time in April and had to pay extra to get into the basement to see all the old Hot Rod Mag cars like Cadzilla, Frankenstude, and other historic cars, etc.

Cadzilla, $1M super custom that broke the mold is relegated to the basement while they took up most of the main floor to pay homage to Tesla.

Sounds like you had a great trip!

Yea, I was there first time in April and had to pay extra to get into the basement to see all the old Hot Rod Mag cars like Cadzilla, Frankenstude, and other historic cars, etc.

Cadzilla, $1M super custom that broke the mold is relegated to the basement while they took up most of the main floor to pay homage to Tesla.

Sounds like you had a great trip!
I definitely did... I feel very lucky to have good friends with "connections"

I only know people in Rio Linda...the OP rubs elbows with millionaire comedian car collectors.

01 face 29.JPG

Hardly... I rub elbows with guys who rub elbows with guys who rub elbows with guys who occasionally do work for millionaire car collectors... And I'm thankful for them being willing to humor a fellow car guy... A broke *** car guy, but a car guy just the same...

Very cool! My friend met Jay at spring fling one year when he brought the Turbine car there.

Jay has a car for these guys?

1704957595476.png

VERY jealous - I'd LOVE to visit Jay. A real bucket list item for sure. Good for you! :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back