• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Source for distributor bushings for rebuild

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
Picked up a 440 dual point distributor that has a bit of slop in the upper bushing but is otherwise nice. Not having much luck surfing around and finding bushing replacement kits. Anyone know of a good source?

Right. Harder(maybe) to find is the right reamer to use on the bushing, once it's installed.

When I replaced 'em, I used a 'piloted' adjustable reamer. Pilot end reaches the opposite bushing, to keep both bushings in line. Going to guess their still around.

The mopar nos ones for the dual points are seriously getting pricey now.

Right. Harder(maybe) to find is the right reamer to use on the bushing, once it's installed.

When I replaced 'em, I used a 'piloted' adjustable reamer. Pilot end reaches the opposite bushing, to keep both bushings in line. Going to guess their still around.

Mancini shows a listing for the burnishing tool for around $100. But if there is someone who provides the service of installing new bushings for that or under I might go that route instead.

I can do them I have he tools. I am out of bushings though. Need to get some more.

Liked millers piloted reamer. Grainger bushings and adjustable reamer.
grainger distubutor bushing.JPG
grainger adjustable reamer.JPG
grainger distubutor bushing.JPG
grainger adjustable reamer.JPG

Is the reamer considered superior to the burnishing tool that expands the bushing to size?

What's the correct length - 5/8" or 1"? I suspect 5/8". If no one is sure I'll take it apart and measure them.

Is the reamer considered superior to the burnishing tool that expands the bushing to size?

What's the correct length - 5/8" or 1"? I suspect 5/8". If no one is sure I'll take it apart and measure them.

The few I have left are 1 1/8"

Knew I screwed up, not saying bushings needed to be oillite bronze.:lowdown: Have looked at many steel shafts, run on straight bronze bushings...wears the steel out!

Burnishing tool would mostly be good, only for bushing already sized correctly, ID/OD, so once in place, ID is sized by 'seating' the bushing. Yeah, OEM bushing like that...and the price!

Otherwise, ID would need to be cut for size, using a one piece piloted spiral cut adjustable reamer. That's what I used on mine.
But, my reamers were 40s and 50s, hand-me-down aircraft tools. Gone, long time ago.

I picked up a nice new reamer. Not cheap to find one with 7" flutes these days. Was going to go with a adjustable but between setting it up every time and the cost hell no! The mopar bushings get stupid fast. When I deal with the 100 point stuff guys want only mopar and a duel point set can get north of 100 fast, IF YOU CAN FIND ONE! Then the dam nos leads are 80 all day long IF YOU CAN FIND THEM. Think I bought all the available leads for small and big block DP out there. I get 100 point but man not cheap. Then the dam MADE IN USA caps cost 150 and there are two different ones. It is the letter spacing. One is just about unobtainable. I actually scored a MADE IN CANADA cap. No idea what to even ask for that one. Prob get a good idea at Carlisle what one will pay for it.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back