• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Source for distributor bushings for rebuild

So you zinc plate huh, well I have some stuff to send you. I also would love to find those rivets. Found a few pinball ones that are close, but if you have a match that would be great. The last plate I had to pull apart, I removed one rivet that holds ground wire. At that point the assembly came apart easy enough.

Been taking them apart for years,have to do the that to have re plated and replace ground wire.Have a few extra tabs if you ever get in a bind.Hardest thing I have found is trying to get a close match to the original wire,have found some wire that will suffice but no exact match !
Rivets for ground wire couldn't find locally. Got any extra? say 3?

Tell you what took me a while to find the right rivets. I actually found some at a surpluss place I go to. They sell them by the #:rofl:

Pay attention to eBay,just bought this two days ago for $12.95 and free shipping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture 287.jpg

I do. I prob have 100 nos/nors that I use for rebuilds. Been getting pretty lucky lately on parts for the supply. I need a vac advance for a 39 desoto. Cant find it. Bought two with the right autolite numbers and the arm is wrong. Prob going to sell it as is. To much to get the old one rebuilt to make it worth it. Not a high dollar distributor.

So you zinc plate huh, well I have some stuff to send you. I also would love to find those rivets. Found a few pinball ones that are close, but if you have a match that would be great. The last plate I had to pull apart, I removed one rivet that holds ground wire. At that point the assembly came apart easy enough.
I will pick some up for you next time I am there. They are not exact but close. Really near Carlisle when you stop at the booth I will give you the address. Never know what you will find in there.

Been taking them apart for years,have to do the that to have re plated and replace ground wire.Have a few extra tabs if you ever get in a bind.Hardest thing I have found is trying to get a close match to the original wire,have found some wire that will suffice but no exact match !
LOL that's because I bought them all out from Napa! Seriously they had a bunch in a warehouse. I see them online but stupid money. I have a few nos leads for the LA and RB they are like gold for sure. Save them for the 100 point guys. Have a crapload of nos auto lite single point ones I got from a guy closing up. They are nice to have but again not the high dollar distribs. Amazing how many slants and LA run of the mill distribs I sell. Slants are getting harder to find core in now. I actually have some made in usa caps nos and one Made In Canada one. Never even knew they made that. Hey on caps did you know there are two different Made in the USA ones? I just found that out a few weeks ago. Let me get a pic of the rivets for you guys.

rivets and some other kind of cool stuff all nos. Hey dragon that is the distributor I was talking about.
DSC05904.JPG
DSC05905.JPG
DSC05906.JPG
DSC05907.JPG
DSC05908.JPG
DSC05910.JPG
DSC05911.JPG
DSC05912.JPG
DSC05913.JPG

Look real close at that distributor and see how many thing are slightly different. It is like a Chrysler knock off of the Prestolite. Clamps, housing has different cast #...

What is the 2 letter code on the bottom of the one marked P? The one I have with P on top had LB underneath and it was from an IBS-4011C DP for a 413 4 barrel (C300 mechanical Tach drive distributor). It should be a good cam for you as the mechanical advance is 10degree which means you can use more initial timing. (More performance oriented). Sounds like someone did piece together that distributor.

Yes, it has LB on the bottom. Good to hear about the advance amount. On the single point I'm running now, I welded the slot up to limit it to 10 deg allowing me to run 16 deg initial and the engine really drives and responds well from idle with that.

Look real close at that distributor and see how many thing are slightly different. It is like a Chrysler knock off of the Prestolite. Clamps, housing has different cast #...
Oh I know. Pretty sure it s Canadian just no way to verify it.

Ray, I found your distributor. It is in the 68 parts book. Replacement # for a 68 273 with 2bl carb, any transmission. The one I did was a '363 which was a replacement for 68 C body 440-4 Auto.

Ray, I found your distributor. It is in the 68 parts book. Replacement # for a 68 273 with 2bl carb, any transmission. The one I did was a '363 which was a replacement for 68 C body 440-4 Auto.

The one I did was a'363

You sure that wasn't a Chevy ?:poke:

Thanks. Which book so I can keep an eye out for it?

I have a link to that, did not see all the partsbooks there. Prob me. what section cant find them

So far, so good on the rebuild. Next issue - where do you find decent quality points and condenser for a DP Prestolite Distributor? Jims Mopar parts has kits but they include a cap and rotor which I already have. Looked at many, many places without much luck. I just need points (2) and condenser. Seen a few sets of points on Ebay but not sure who is selling decent stuff. Can anyone direct me to a source?

Auto Transport Service
Back