• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speaking of toys...STP's

scotts74birds

Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
Anyone remember these? Hope I got the name right. They had the 3 ft zip strip, 4 wheels, with the weighted center wheel. They had drag cars, but the coolest were the demo-derby cars with the hood,trunk, and doors that would pop-off when they crashed! Anyone else having a flashback right now?!

Anyone remember these? Hope I got the name right. They had the 3 ft zip strip, 4 wheels, with the weighted center wheel. They had drag cars, but the coolest were the demo-derby cars with the hood,trunk, and doors that would pop-off when they crashed! Anyone else having a flashback right now?!

yep and I still got mine, I had 6 of them.:yes:

Yeah, i remember those, i had a bunch of them as well as Ricochet Racers. I think they were called SST's werent they?

:grin: my kenner SSP superbirds

kenner 1.jpg

kenner 2dc.jpg

kenner 3.jpg

I had a purple one until one too many Launches off a 6 ft high porch busted it.

While we are talking toys does anyone remember Big Bruiser? It was a wrecker with a 65 elcamino the fenders came off of to pull with the working winch.I got one for Christmas 1965

it was a 72 Charger that came with little tools so you could pull the wheels, fenders motor and such apart and put back together
car is about 12 inches long or so

Old thread resurection.....

That Pit-Change Charger was one of my favorite toys. Came with a floor jack and engine hoist. It had a wrinkled fender and a straight one, and you could change the tires among other things. Even had a working battery powered buffer.
I distinctly remember the tuff wheel. That's proabably why I like them so much now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-DODGE-C...79838?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item4cf892b99e

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Rare-Marx-Pit-Change-Charger-with-Original-Box-L-K-/21505189

Anyone remember the old Jonny Lightning tracks? The one we had was about maybe a 4 foot oval and you launched the car with a lever that you had to jerk to the right. It would send the car around the track once and stop it in the catch to be launched again. They must have been made well because I remember that thing got abused big time.

Anyone remember the old Jonny Lightning tracks? The one we had was about maybe a 4 foot oval and you launched the car with a lever that you had to jerk to the right. It would send the car around the track once and stop it in the catch to be launched again. They must have been made well because I remember that thing got abused big time.

Yep and they had to be made good! How about "Duffys Dare-devil"? Up the ramp and thru the round cardboard flames.. Cant remember the car model.

Auto Transport Service
Back