• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spectra Preimium gas tanks!!!

1962savoy

Local time
11:09 PM
Reaction score
I have to fill you guys in on a little info I have about gas tanks. I need a new gas tank for my 62 Savoy and I have seen them on eBay in the $140.00 range plus shipping.They are avalible in the USA made in Canada by Spectra. Smart guy me decides to call Spectra and find out if I can buy one direct Well to my shigrin I cant buy direct so I proceed to tell them I didnt really want to buy from Evilbay and since I'm here in Canada I could save a few bux.Spectra tells me that its cheaper to buy from Ebay then them and they will charge there dealer some 4 times more here in Canada for that gas tank than whats on ebay? I called a auto parts store and they told me the tank was $800.00! WHAT THE.....IS GOING ON HERE???????????? What a bunch of B.S they want rape ya and not even get a kiss..@#$%%#$% I'm PI$$ED OFF!!
I guess I'll have to buy it on eveilbay!

interesting. .....

The thing to do would be to look around till you find someone on ebay that is IN Canada, and buy from them. I did that (sorta) when I was looking for a set of take off wheels and tires. I kept looking till I found someone local. Then they even made me a better deal for cash.

They do that to keep there dealers from loosing out. If it were heaper to buy direct why would anyone buy from the dealers ?

I bought one of their tanks for my '71 Charger from Rock Auto, and got it for less than on eBay. You might check them out.

rockauto is great for price, but you have to keep an eye on shipping. not that it's always bad, you just need to watch. Sometimes they are shipping from different warehouses (i.e drop shipping from their supplier, I think.) and they charge full shipping costs from each warehouse rather than an overall shipping for the whole order. It adds up quickly.

IMHO, that's fair because they are incurring the shipping costs and passing it on to the consumer, but it doesn't make it any better for the consumer. So this isn't a knock against them at all.

The one problem I have is the shipping costs to Canada - again not really their fault - but it's nasty enough that I really couldn't justify ordering from them because of the costs.

They do that to keep there dealers from loosing out. If it were heaper to buy direct why would anyone buy from the dealers ?

Yea I know that but how is it the Canadain dealers are charged approx.$400.00 at wholesale and the US dealers can RETAIL the tank & MAKE PROFIT at $140.00????????????:confused: Their is an imbalance here and I want to find out why we Canucks are getting screwed royaly by are own people!:mad:

Auto Transport Service
Back