• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SRT8 Roadrunner conversion, NOT a body over!!

That's the coolest I've seen in a long time
Great craftmanship.
Can't wait to see it finished

And I thought the guy that did my 5.7 coronet had his hands full, very well done congrats!!!!

Thanks guys. I've got it back and have been working on doing the stuff the bodyshop was supposed to, but didn't...

Made a bracket to install the power trunk latch from the SRT, modified the striker, fabricated linkage for the key, and changed the lock cylinders to the SRT. Now the SRT key works in all locks, and the the trunk can be opened from the key, FOB, or button.

Also got the rear taillights wired up. This required Digi-tails to add a wire and do a little programming so I could make these work with the outputs from the SRT harness.

And then on to the part that really irritates me! The body shop was supposed to install the door lock modules from the SRT. They didn't. So cut and welded them in place, fabricated new linkage to work with the RR handle, and changed out the door lock cylinders to use the SRT trunk cylinders so linkage could be fabricated. Now the car uses the SRT ignition key for all locks, and the factory remote operates the SRT actuators.

CWpzAK8HS5qCRGf8MpbGpA_zps7b4z28dn.jpg

Last edited:
Was going to make a valance for under the front bumper to "hide" the radiator/cradle. Then I realized if it got damaged on a curb or from the road, I'd have to remake it! Decided to install the T/A Challenger plastic pieces. If they get damaged, easy to replace and no fab!

56331017719__71541B7B-AAAB-4542-A6A0-893F41A69EBA_zpszndpjqxq.jpg

And the stuff that seems so simple...
I hate these headlights, but what the customer wanted. Also wanted both on when low and high selected.
This required making an adaptor harness that plugged into the SRT harness and then the headlights. Also required installing Weatherpak connectors on the blinkers, rear backup lights, and license plate light and adding grounds to the housings.

Last edited:
I'm waiting to install the glass before finalizing the door latch install. I would have already done that, but the body shop was supposed to install the glass, didn't, and then LOST a set of fully restored vent windows...yeah. The response, "We never had those". I put them in the car myself before it left. Finding, or more correctly, finding out, lots of parts missing... So waiting on another set to get polished/chromed, and then will get those in.

3 great things about Jacksonville Florida:
Molly Hatchet
Your work
My wife's low mileage V-Rod I bought there and rode home to Louisiana
:thumbsup:

Awesome project Brother, as I have said before. I would just love to drive that beauty when it is done.

Awesome project Brother, as I have said before. I would just love to drive that beauty when it is done.

Thanks Darius.

Right now, trying to scrounge up all the glass tracks, guides, trim, vent windows, etc... They "lost" all of it. Everything was restored and ready to install.

Right now, trying to scrounge up all the glass tracks, guides, trim, vent windows, etc... They "lost" all of it. Everything was restored and ready to install.
I would make the national news, in a bad way...

Auto Transport Service
Back