• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SRT8 Roadrunner conversion, NOT a body over!!

What a Great color!!!

It's a Chevrolet color, I know... Corvette Laguna blue. Looks like this in the sun:
IMG_0244_zpsytqrhpls.jpg

IMG_0336_zpsjivwxjnq.jpg

8cd717a2-strasse-wheels-c7-vette-z06-11_zpsl7rmx3km.jpg

P1100532R_zps2xgum15d.jpg

Last edited:
This thing will be beautiful for ages! Hope the owner can appreciate the life you breathed into
two tons of automotive parts and pieces!

Chevy smevy color, who cares. I am painting an original B7 car this color. It is amazing in person IMHO

Was the paint job worth the wait? I don't have that much patience.

With your talent, why didn't you shoot the car?

Great build, great fabrication skills :thumbsup:

Was the paint job worth the wait? I don't have that much patience.

With your talent, why didn't you shoot the car?

Great build, great fabrication skills :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. No, it wasn't worth it. Tom Argue Designs originally quoted 6-9 months to complete the the paint and body. 3 years later, he doubled the price and is just now finishing it.

I have my own personal car i'm building, and didn't have the time (or desire!) to do the paint on the RR.

3 YEARS!!!! To PAINT the car you gave him!!!!! It was most of the way ready to paint! and double the quoted price! What a DICK!

2B1F0552-7803-4D24-91A2-F7CAF21DB037.jpeg
B710F4AA-84E9-45AE-B7D1-DC8D3E3614C2.jpeg
760FF5D6-3330-44DA-81C8-A6FA043A7799.jpeg
Couple more. Supposed to be done in 3 weeks.

You can see the exhaust tips under the trunk. I used an aftermarket LX exhaust. That’s how much further the trunk extends on the RR. Once the bumper is on, I’ll make some extensions to bring the tips out.

All I can say is WOW!
An incredible amount of work and all done top notch. Your fabrications skills combined with foresight are remarkable.
Very nice!

All I can say is WOW!
An incredible amount of work and all done top notch. Your fabrications skills combined with foresight are remarkable.
Very nice!

Thanks, should be back here this week. Haven't seen it in person yet, last time was in primer a looong time ago!

A friend sent me this link: http://www.clevelandpap.com/69-dodg...UBlhr6VUovYaUhdPAxV54ECFVW7EmO3Nx53_VDK03UOJw

Not a fan of "body overs", but they have a lot of work into it. The most obvious issue I see is this:

IMG_4471_zps9wwkicc3.jpg

They notched the strut tower to accommodate a hood strut. If you own an LX, go take a peak at how close the upper A arm is to the strut tower. They actually stamp a bubble in it to clear the ball joint end:

IMG_0336_zpsjivwxjnq.jpg

Trust me, I wanted to notch the tower for the hood hinge, but simply no room without severely limiting suspension travel. I hope it works for them, but think they have limited travel to about 1/2", then it will hit.

Auto Transport Service
Back