• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SRT8 Roadrunner conversion, NOT a body over!!

Incredible skills for sure, That car will be the best of both worlds.

A dream car! Classic looks and new age ride and suspension. You have the patience of Jobe and the layout skills of a NASA engineer, very impressive. Can't wait to see her painted and rolling.

Thanks guys! It has been an unbelievable PITA. I'll get it up on the rotisserie this weekend and shoot a few more pics.

I remember seeing this on another site, forgot about it until now. Great craftsmanship!

Dude, this is an awesome idea. it is going to be a sick car. I highly doubt I will ever attempt anything requiring this much patience.

Pretty amazing work for sure!! Makes my back hurt just thinking about it lol

Thanks again guys! Got it up on the rotisserie with plans to seam seal. When I rolled it, and it started pouring out media, I knew I wasn't seam sealing today. Rolled, vacuumed, blew it out for hours. Recovered about 75 lbs. of media. Definitely won't be recommending or using that shop again. So no pics worth posting.
Did a little interior with a new seam sealer gun. It sprays it down like the factory (nice and ugly!). It's inside and covered, so not concerned with cosmetics, just function.

WOW!!!!!!!!! That's one serious undertaking with plenty of mad skills on display, motivating for sure!

75 lbs is a LOT of media to let go in a car body! I have to spend a good 4 hours or so blowing/vacuuming out the Body's when I'm done blasting them. Stuff is too expensive to let go.

Fantastic job, great craftsmanship. Look forward to seeing more.

Thanks again guys! Finished seam sealing. Still fighting this damn media. Every time I turn it, I spend an hour vacuuming and blowing. Plan B on the interior. The media is plastic, so not concerned will rust, but I got to get it out and what I can't, needs to be locked down. So going to do a tinted spray bedliner on the interior. This will help with sound deadening as well. Going to spray the bottom with a flat black bedliner. The bedliner material will seal out any moisture and if any media gets in it while spraying, the texture will hide it. This is a driver, so I think this will solve many potential issues.

If you have not sprayed it yet, SERIOUSLY consider using Lizzard Skin. I used this inside and out on my GTX then sprayed 3M Body Shotz over that just on the exterior. Very quiet and crazy heat reflecting properties. Could fry an egg on the roof and have your hand on the inside bare metal and not feel the heat to a level of uncomfortable. Very quiet driving as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back