• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starting a new build for my 65 Plymouth Belvedere

SUPERSTOCKRACER

Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
I gathered all new parts since September to do a bigger hemi.
It was time for a refresh anyway so I went with another Aluminum block, bigger Callies crank and now switched to Oliver steel rods. Only 225 grams heavier than the MGP Aluminum rods that needed to be replaced.
Went to a new Comp cams .798 roller cam from my old .737 roller.
New Crower lifters and new pushrods. Keeping my indy -4261RA CNC Heads and intake and going to use the new Dale Cubic Edelbrock Carbs. Engine will be quite a bit larger from the last engine. Compression will be 14.5:1
Pistons are by CP
Rotating assembly being balanced this week and assembly will be starting by the end of the week.Pics to follow.

Can I have the address of the dumpster that you threw your old junk into?

Can I have the address of the dumpster that you threw your old junk into?

You know the address, Fishkill Plains Garage, Wappingers Falls, NY.
The Calico bearings just came in, you want my old ones?

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to follow along on this thread...

I'll get some pics up shortly. Indy Maxx Aluminum block 4.50 bore,standard deck height, bored and honed with TORQUE PLATES.

I'd like to know what you think of the indy Maxx Block, how much $ machining to finish it up to the point of assembly

I'd like to know what you think of the indy Maxx Block, how much $ machining to finish it up to the point of assembly

So far it's my 2nd indy maxx block this year I bought.
If I were not under the gun I would have waited for a KB block but 8 months wasn't happening. I just finished a hemi build with a KB block and I really didn't see that much of a difference in quality.

I opted to get pushrod oiling which indy calls hydraulic oiling directly done from them as well as bushed lifter bores an the thicker sleeves. I went with a 4.490 rough bore and my engine shop finished it with a torque plate and line honed.
Total price from Indy delivered was $5700.00

I'll be watching

good luck

sounds like even more power to come

4.75 Callies crank is all balanced and the assembly starts tomorrow.
looks like 24"-36" of snow and 65 mph inds. So hopefully it'll get started.

- - - Updated - - -

nice new Magnum Crank.

Attachments

• callies.jpg
    callies.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,071
Deleted by STAFF - please keep the comments pertinent to the current build thread.

Bottom end is just about done.

- - - Updated - - -

Aluminum block is 185 lbs. lighter than my mega block. The blue Plymouth should wheelie like a mofo now even more with the frontend even lighter now.

Attachments

• 65 PLYMOUTH HEMI.jpg
    65 PLYMOUTH HEMI.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,036
Well, well, well, someone has been busy!

sounds bad a$$ can't wait to hear some more about it keep us posted

Wow, 185lbs lighter AND more powerful. That's like my wife getting a boob job AND going to cooking school... (I kid I kid hahaha)

Went with Oliver rods this go around. They didn't way much more than my GRP and my MGP rods.

Attachments

• indy hemi block.jpg
    indy hemi block.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 943
Auto Transport Service
Back