• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Column wire harness connectors, anyone use other then factory?

idrivemopar

Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone uses other then the factory steering column wire harness plugs? I ask, because mine although new, seem to have some intermittent connection issues that cause the gauges to go on and off and also cause the ignition to stutter once in a while, and I can see arcing on the blue and black wires once in a while. I have tried to firm them up as much as possible, but still have these problems.

Any suggestions?

Just an update here if anyone is interested. This problem was resolved and caused by the slight difference in diameter between the female side of the connector on the steering column and the male side diameter on the harness. Easy fix was to use a small eye glass screw driver and spread out the male side connectors just ever so slightly, they will recompress once joined. No more problems now.

Auto Transport Service
Back