• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Column

blownalcoholhemihead

Local time
5:58 AM
Reaction score
Do any of you have a diagram of how the column goes back together for a 69 b body 4 speed. The assembly manual I have only has the column shift diagram. I have 2 pieces on the column the I forgot where they came from. a wave washer which I think went behind the spring and another washer looking thing with 3 or 4 tabs on it. The rest of it I remembered but would like to see it regarless. I don't know who pulled this apart before I got my hands on it and who knows what other things are missing.
When I was looking at the assembly manual It shows an o ring on the column down by the floor plate, but I Clearly remeber when I took it apart there was no o-ring on it. Is this for the column shift or for both?

Thanks for the help

The part with the tabs goes in the upper end of the outside tube , it stabilizes the inner tube at the top , the lower part of the inner tube goes inside of the lower bearing, the wavy washer sits on the tab parts and keeps pressure on the lower bell.

Auto Transport Service
Back