• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stellantis canceling auto show exhibits due to "challenging market"

3/4 tons are still 6.4 hemi and Cummins so there is that.
But I wouldn't argue with anyone saying the good times for Ram are rapidly fading into the sunset.
The auto market in general and the big 3 are all facing big challenges being pushed into developing and selling EV vehicles most consumers do not, and likely never will, want.
I wouldn't be surprised if all of them end up bankrupt in the not too distant future. Though I expect Stellantis will be the first to fall.
I work for a heavy truck OEM and not involved in any EV projects yet. I've thought it ridiculous trying to make trucks EV for most vocations, because there is no way they can be practical.
My boss was at an industry event of some sort recently, and he told me that he tends to agree with my opinions, but that until he attended the seminar, he didn't realize the extent that the industry is being forced into EV by government.
It's a fiasco, but when you start finger pointing, rather than point at the OEMs for the inevitable mess that is coming, you might want to point your finger at the voters who voted for those who enact policies based entirely on wishful thinking instead.
6.4 hemi in anything is news to me. They said hemi production sundowned in December 2023 in our corporate info. Hopefully they changed their minds and neglected to inform us.
They didn't lay off white collar, they offered retirement packages that to most of the 20+ year folks were just too good to pass up. I lost coworkers(11+) and my boss to the buy outs. They are laying off union workers tho.
I am nervous for my job tho, I won't kid you. I am just overwhelmed since our reduction in numbers increased my responsibilities and now I lost my boss that had all our backs and always went to bat for us. I think our merger with the french was a huge mistake but since our old ceo was an idiot from Britain, it seems that's all they do is merge and take golden parachutes. Our french ceo is hard pressed to make us electric and do away with all our performance including the hemi and our muscle cars. I don't think he has a clue about our market and what Americans want. I knew things were going south when one of the first things they did after the meger was do away with SRT.
Sorry for the rant, Mopar is near and dear to me and I hate seeing this slow descent happening to it.

The last time I had my Grand Cherokee for a service, I was waiting in the showroom. I got chatting with one of the salesmen, and told him I felt a little sorry for him in the near future, trying to sell EV vehicles to customers who don't want them. He agreed, saying if they could not sell trucks and cars with the Hemi in it, times will be tough. He said nobody comes in asking about EV.
I noticed a new 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee on the lot, so went over to read the Monrony sheet in the window. It was some kind of 4-banger Hybrid. Base price started at $86,000; was $94,000 with options. No thanks!

6.4 hemi in anything is news to me. They said hemi production sundowned in December 2023 in our corporate info. Hopefully they changed their minds and neglected to inform us.
They didn't lay off white collar, they offered retirement packages that to most of the 20+ year folks were just too good to pass up. I lost coworkers(11+) and my boss to the buy outs. They are laying off union workers tho.
I am nervous for my job tho, I won't kid you. I am just overwhelmed since our reduction in numbers increased my responsibilities and now I lost my boss that had all our backs and always went to bat for us. I think our merger with the french was a huge mistake but since our old ceo was an idiot from Britain, it seems that's all they do is merge and take golden parachutes. Our french ceo is hard pressed to make us electric and do away with all our performance including the hemi and our muscle cars. I don't think he has a clue about our market and what Americans want. I knew things were going south when one of the first things they did after the meger was do away with SRT.
Sorry for the rant, Mopar is near and dear to me and I hate seeing this slow descent happening to it.
I just went online and built a 2024 Ram 2500 as close as I could to my ‘21. Same 6.4 hemi truck minus Ram boxes, which aren’t available on Big Horns now, is only $10,000 more than the MSRP of my 21.
Build & Price Your New Ram Vehicle | Ram
I think the 5.7 is gone for 1/2 tons in 24 though.
Whatever the case, it’s heartbreaking seeing Dodge and Chrysler apparently fading away. It’s heartbreaking seeing what’s happening to the auto industry in general. I was thinking maybe I should replace my economical beater, a ‘14 Dart, before this new shut down feature the government is going to require in 26 I think it is.
But there isn’t a big 3 car on the market now for all intents and purpose (except Corvette and Mustang). I’ve never owned a Japanese car in my life but I may not have any choice unless I want to get an SUV, which I don’t want or need. :cursin:

I just went online and built a 2024 Ram 2500 as close as I could to my ‘21. Same 6.4 hemi truck minus Ram boxes, which aren’t available on Big Horns now, is only $10,000 more than the MSRP of my 21.
Build & Price Your New Ram Vehicle | Ram
I think the 5.7 is gone for 1/2 tons in 24 though.
Whatever the case, it’s heartbreaking seeing Dodge and Chrysler apparently fading away. It’s heartbreaking seeing what’s happening to the auto industry in general. I was thinking maybe I should replace my economical beater, a ‘14 Dart, before this new shut down feature the government is going to require in 26 I think it is.
But there isn’t a big 3 car on the market now for all intents and purpose (except Corvette and Mustang). I’ve never owned a Japanese car in my life but I may not have any choice unless I want to get an SUV, which I don’t want or need. :cursin:
When they said the hemi was gone, I wondered what in the heck we'd put in the HD trucks as a gas option. I was told it would be the I6 hurricane engine. So time will tell. Thanks for the input.

The climate of the present administration has left a bad taste in the mouth of the big three, well, you know who I mean. You, and I ,and them, are being PUSHED in a direction that is not where the majority would like to go. Money lost on a push in the EV direction is not the only problem, all of this is a show of defiance and a push back to slow the government machine down.

Auto Transport Service
Back