• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stellantis canceling auto show exhibits due to "challenging market"

lolololololololol

I mean, who could have seen this coming?
They halted the platform change in the late 2000-teens and halted R&D on a new V8 engine platform opting to keep the 5.7 hemi alive for another 5 years.
Why? Because they knew what was coming with the EV stuff, they set the end of life for the 5.7 at 2023. 5 years ago.

The big three know what is coming, because they still meet up and decide what to impose on themselves like they have been doing since the 70's. Then they make public statements about changing times and the need for safety, economy, green planet blah blah, meanwhile the gov't segment makes it official so now they just HAVE to do what they already set out to do.
Because despite public trading, they are run by the same tiny group of people that push all of this BS.

The twin turbo I6 is the engine from the Alfa Giulliatti or whatever it is called. Incidentally, that was the platform for the next gen Charger until it wasn't. It is an impressive engine..... that is over 5 years old now and outdone by more recent engineering. I would still take this in a truck over an EV anything. or a Charger lol, they did make an AWD giliuttiilia (mama mia!!) with that engine....

And the whispers of financial issue.... well, cash for clunkers 2: electric boogaloo is around the corner. I can;t wait, my ten year old AWD Hemi Charger value is going to skyrocket lol. Perfect timing to ditch it before all the computers start to fail. Oh and the value isn;t from trade in lol, it is from the next year's fall out when the used car market is destroyed by the program and people are desperate to find an affordable car after the mega inflation on price for both used and new hits due to gob't handouts combined with mandatory destruction of older cars.

They're going to try to figure out how to reduce their two year inventory of Ram 2500 trucks instead of going to car shows.
It would help if the trucks were 40 grand, making a five grand profit, instead of 80 grand, sitting on the lot, making NO profit.

lolololololololol

I mean, who could have seen this coming?
They halted the platform change in the late 2000-teens and halted R&D on a new V8 engine platform opting to keep the 5.7 hemi alive for another 5 years.
Why? Because they knew what was coming with the EV stuff, they set the end of life for the 5.7 at 2023. 5 years ago.

The big three know what is coming, because they still meet up and decide what to impose on themselves like they have been doing since the 70's. Then they make public statements about changing times and the need for safety, economy, green planet blah blah, meanwhile the gov't segment makes it official so now they just HAVE to do what they already set out to do.
Because despite public trading, they are run by the same tiny group of people that push all of this BS.

The twin turbo I6 is the engine from the Alfa Giulliatti or whatever it is called. Incidentally, that was the platform for the next gen Charger until it wasn't. It is an impressive engine..... that is over 5 years old now and outdone by more recent engineering. I would still take this in a truck over an EV anything. or a Charger lol, they did make an AWD giliuttiilia (mama mia!!) with that engine....

And the whispers of financial issue.... well, cash for clunkers 2: electric boogaloo is around the corner. I can;t wait, my ten year old AWD Hemi Charger value is going to skyrocket lol. Perfect timing to ditch it before all the computers start to fail. Oh and the value isn;t from trade in lol, it is from the next year's fall out when the used car market is destroyed by the program and people are desperate to find an affordable car after the mega inflation on price for both used and new hits due to gob't handouts combined with mandatory destruction of older cars.
The 6 in an Alfa Giulia is a V6; the last Alfa to use an inline 6 was in the 60s. [2600] The twin turbo I6 is a Chrysler engine, slated for Jeep as well.
And I assure you that GM, Ford and Chrysler do not get together and decide to hamstring themselves...

Where I unfortunately live, 90% of the people vote for this, and are proud to brag about it.
Then they scream about our through the roof property taxes, and when violent criminals make their way out of the city to carjack them and do other violent crimes.
They‘ll scream too someday when their mandated electrical heating system can’t keep their big house above 60 degrees on frigid winter nights or they get stranded in the middle of no where with a discharged EV suv and no place to plug it in, and about brownouts from an overloaded grid.
And despite their degrees from prestigious universities, multi 6 figure positions and McMansions, they still seem to have no clue to the connection and get irate about any of who they consider mouth breathers (or deplorables or bitter clingers etc) who dare not vote in lockstep with them.
It’s different in much of Florida and some other places, I know, but sadly very large numbers of Americans in many areas of the country are no different than the intellectual legends in their own minds I’m surrounded by.
And corporations like the big 3 have little choice but to comply with what they get thrown at them or get canceled no matter how bad we think their compliance is. That’s the point I was making about thinking twice about pointing fingers at them as to who to blame.
You are certainly correct Sir, that there is a small percentage in aggregate that do vote for their own [and their nation's] demise. No one would argue that. AND they tend to congregate in certain areas . I looked at your avatar and unfortunately, you are indeed in one of those areas. But in the main, such policies are not popular and are not the will of the majority of the people. Of course, since when has the will of the population been of any concern to TPTB? I think that all but the most deluded would have to agree by now that elections are , shall we say, not only less than accurate, but less than effective...
Damnit...there I go again. Sorry. But as Aristotle rightly noted, 'Man is a political animal'. :)

Their EV truck is a joke to me. Basically, you have a gas engine running a generator to charge a battery pack to run electric motors. So you have a nearly complete ICE power unit with engine, generator, exhaust system, fuel tank, coolant system, all the associated maintenance - plus a full EV drive train, lithium battery, etc. God knows how much this thing is going to weigh - probably close to 2000 lbs over a conventional RAM since it’s going to need massive brakes, wheel, tires and suspension components as well. An EV Hummer weighs just shy of 10,000 lbs. Yeah, they may have solved the EV range issue with this hybrid but at what cost? Thanks but no thanks. I bought a 2023 Hemi RAM a few months ago and plan to do my best to keep it going for a long time.

I heard recently that Ford has had so many people trying to return or sell back their Lightning trucks, that dealers were refusing to purchase them back or take them in trade. After consumer complaints, Ford HQ finally had to direct their dealers to take the in trade or buy them back. Many dealers are accumulating them on their back lots where they just sit. Not sure how factual the story is but I suspect their is an element of truth to it.

The last new nicely equipped Ford Transit van I bought for my business in 2020 cost around 43 grand. the same van today costs about 60 grand, which make me think that Ford is jacking up the price of ICE vehicles to make up for the loss of their EV shitboxes that no one wants.

Where I unfortunately live, 90% of the people vote for this, and are proud to brag about it.
Then they scream about our through the roof property taxes, and when violent criminals make their way out of the city to carjack them and do other violent crimes.
They‘ll scream too someday when their mandated electrical heating system can’t keep their big house above 60 degrees on frigid winter nights or they get stranded in the middle of no where with a discharged EV suv and no place to plug it in, and about brownouts from an overloaded grid.
And despite their degrees from prestigious universities, multi 6 figure positions and McMansions, they still seem to have no clue to the connection and get irate about any of who they consider mouth breathers (or deplorables or bitter clingers etc) who dare not vote in lockstep with them.
It’s different in much of Florida and some other places, I know, but sadly very large numbers of Americans in many areas of the country are no different than the intellectual legends in their own minds I’m surrounded by.
And corporations like the big 3 have little choice but to comply with what they get thrown at them or get canceled no matter how bad we think their compliance is. That’s the point I was making about thinking twice about pointing fingers at them as to who to blame.
SPOT ON.

Gawd I hate this state.

I've been hearing they're financially strained. Recently had a huge layoff of white collar employees etc. Now they are cutting out their exhibits at the auto shows.
MSN
When did that happen? Wasn't 2023 one of their better years? Stellantis made over $12 Billion in profit in the first six months alone. The third quarter showed another 7% boost in net revenue despite UAW problems and the last quarter results aren't out yet.

When did that happen? Wasn't 2023 one of their better years? Stellantis made over $12 Billion in profit in the first six months alone. The third quarter showed another 7% boost in net revenue despite UAW problems and the last quarter results aren't out yet.
Late last year one of my engineering colleagues who went to college in the Detroit area and has many former classmates who went to work for the big 3, said several of his friends who worked in engineering for Stellantis took the buyout offer, and told him that "things are really bad there". Beyond some public financial reports, it seems that things aren't looking good for them.
If Stellantis is in great shape, why are they getting rid of half their white collar workforce including engineers?
Stellantis offers buyouts to roughly half of U.S. salaried workers

If Stellantis is in great shape, why are they getting rid of half their white collar workforce including engineers?
Perhaps it's the way to keep up with everyone else? GM, largest selling automaker with over $10 Billion in profits for 2023 also offered buyouts, and so did Ford.
Also, the article states that the company didn't say how many cuts it was looking for, just that it was OFFERED to 6,400 employees. If too many of them accepted, they might start to back pedal.

The terms were for people with five or more years with the company, in other words people getting higher on the wage scale. I wouldn't be surprised to see more hires at a lower wage to take the place of some of them. The company stock market price is 50% higher today than it was a year ago.

Last edited:
If there's any hope, it'll be like the 90s they has Rams and Jeep and everything else sucked, then they figured it out, hopefully it doesn't as long this time.

The French are involved.
giphy.gif

People are endeared to old Mopar. The globalist EV people will be forced to close the brands because people will cling to them otherwise.
If these people do not get their way they WILL do things to "entice" people to take that route.

Chrysler was over when Eaton gave it to the Germans. When you buy a Ram pickup these days you're just sending your money to Europe, they're just out to take everything they can out without investing anymore than they have to. How long have the current Rams been running? 14 years or so? Current Henway engine? 20 years? See the pattern.
The Europeans were okay with getting they asses saved in WWII but not so happy with the USA running the world so they're changing that. Sorry but that's just what I see unfortunately.

Chrysler was over when Eaton gave it to the Germans. When you buy a Ram pickup these days you're just sending your money to Europe, they're just out to take everything they can out without investing anymore than they have to. How long have the current Rams been running? 14 years or so? Current Henway engine? 20 years? See the pattern.
The Europeans were okay with getting they asses saved in WWII but not so happy with the USA running the world so they're changing that. Sorry but that's just what I see unfortunately.
The current (5th generation) Ram started as the 2019 year model, they seem to do a major update every eight or so years. When you buy a Ram pickup you're sending money to whoever gets dividends from their stocks; how many of them are in Europe vs. how many stockholders are in America depends on who wants to invest the most. Stellantis pays out around four times the average stock in dividends, close to 7%.

Totally agree on the Bob Eaton comment!

They're firing the AMERICAN white collar folks.

To replace them with....European , EV -loving, globalist-mentality greenies.

And to all the folks pooh-poohing the new Hurricane six, remember - the jeep 4.0, and the Cummins ISB (both legendary engines known for stump-pulling torque and massive longevity) were also inline sixes. Let's see how it does first.

As for the car shows, they can't very well do the Thrill Ride stuff now that they killed the hemi and the Hellcats....

They're firing the AMERICAN white collar folks.

To replace them with....European , EV -loving, globalist-mentality greenies.

And to all the folks pooh-poohing the new Hurricane six, remember - the jeep 4.0, and the Cummins ISB (both legendary engines known for stump-pulling torque and massive longevity) were also inline sixes. Let's see how it does first.

As for the car shows, they can't very well do the Thrill Ride stuff now that they killed the hemi and the Hellcats....

It’s still going to sound like an inline six.

Auto Transport Service
Back