• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still great companies and Customer Service out there.

aldal

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
I recently ordered and received a Melling M63HV oil pump threw a discount parts shop and the box was a little beat up (not Mellings fault) and the gasket kit included was damaged and unusuable. I contacted Melling and within 3 days received not only 1 but 2 gasket kits, 10 note books, 2 multi use little screw driver tools, 7 ink pens, a bag and a bunch of stickers and a baseball cap with Melling on it. I was blown away as I thought I would probably get my gasket set but this was above and beyond in my opinion. Melling rates top notch in my book and so do Summit and Jegs....they package things very well and the parts arrive a-ok.

20160128_165033_LLS.jpg

Last edited:
Jegs just made a error on my last order.I should say Superlift made the error. I ordered 4 leaf spring clamps at a cost of $18.80.The order was second party as the parts were coming direct from "Superlift".All of my other parts came in no problem.A week later 4 boxes of suspension parts showed up from Superlift.The total came to $6800.Called Jegs and they said "We will handle it". Fed Ex was there to pick up the parts the next day.A week later I got my clamps.No free stuff but the mistake was taken care of pronto. All it took was one call.

I just had a bit of fiasco from an order of Fast-Gas I made through Summit. FedEx damaged the package in transit. Then proceeded a litany of phone calls and contacts with FedEx with never a clear answer as to where and why the situation was with my order. I got the what but to no resolution. Several weeks were involved in this process.

I finally made made one phone call to Summit. They had a new order out to me with in a few days. Fast-Gas called me from Minnesota to ask what happened. I explained the situation - they also jumped on the band wagon to make sure my order arrived quickly and safely. No extra stuff - but I wasn't looking for any.

Melling is often a choice when parts-hunting. I will choose them next time. Good to hear.

i'll add Dante's mopar parts to this , being on the other side of the world allows people to stiff you if they feel like it . I bought their complete rear deck spoiler package and didn't open it till it was needed 12 months later . I found I was missing several of the mounting hardware parts. I sent an email explaining the problem expecting to have to buy needed parts. instead got and email saying parts were on there way, even still had my mailing address etc on record . excellent customer service A1++

Melling has always been my choice. I just had a wondetful exp w Chrysler/Alfa Romeo.....Excellent PR, they broke Their *** trying to find me an Alfa motor for my chopped bug, but the Stradale 2.0 litre 4 cam v-8 is just too rich for me to accomodate...gawd what an engine. Yes. The exp of personalized attention from mega corp is something to be valued. I didn't spend a penny, just asked a question. On other hand. I bought a lexi 4 litre 4 cam and toyota wont do **** for me.

Holy crap! That is some good news.
What the long term thinking people know is that this small meaure of good will may just buy Melling a life long customer.
Kudos to Melling!

I have a set of BME aluminum rods. They came from a friend, fairly new but used with no reciept. The big ends were to tight. I called BME to get the brass pins that locate the bearings so I could resize them. I asked for tech, Bill Miller himself answered. He said ship them back and he'd take care of it if I paid the shipping. 3 days latter I get a call from Bill himself , rods are done. I said do you need my credit card # to ship them back. He said don't worry about it just give my secretary your address and put a sticker on the car. Doesn't get any better.
Doug

Before we start, I know there are some bad examples but overall I've had the best luck dealing with speed equipment companies. I'm glad to hear about Mellings. I wish all companies were as customer conscious as the speed equipment companies I've dealt with.
I prefer to call and talk with a real person as opposed to ordering on line. Whether it's buying or getting a piece repaired, I'm impressed.
Powermaster repair - incredible communication and follow up after, just to see if everything was OK
Griffin Radiator - excellent communication and stuck with me to get the right combination plus follow up.
Auto Meter - excellent communications, fast turn around and fair pricing.
Old MSD - excellent communications and fast turn around.
Manton - excellent communications to get the right product and fast turn around when I really needed it.
I've always been treated right at both Jeg's and Summit especially if there were returns involved.
Those are the ones that come to mind but there are more.

Auto Transport Service
Back