• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop in for a drink.

I have been a good shopper for Christmas but a bad boy. I have 6 bottles coming and they are all for me. :rofl: MY last 2 are these 2 hoodlums! I am a huge fan of anything Driftless (out of Wisconsin) Love the Cognac and Armagnac finished bourbons. What the heck, they were on sale! View attachment 1575937
With the money you saved, you could have bought another bottle!

With the money you saved, you could have bought another bottle!
Lie detector.jpg
My new motto!

Son brought this last night. It’s some original recipe Templeton Rye. I’m not sure where he got it, but we did a side by side taste test with a bottle that I got at the distillery. The unlabeled bottle won hands down.

72498246976__C21A63D3-1CF8-41FC-B644-208EF1E136B6.jpeg

hell ya, don’t mind if i do . i’m having a bird dog whiskey peach on the rocks . cheers ….

Nothing like some Cedar Ridge in my favorite coffee cup while watching John Wick.

IMG_3648.jpeg

Someone said they would like to try one of these. Two of one and one of the other. Pick one!!
20240102_161003.jpg

My friend Ted stopped over with a bottle of Rye to sample. We are hosting Rye's in February for our Whiskey tasting group. We tasted through a few and these are the glasses that went in the dishwasher. Hey it's only 9 samples. I sampled 13 a few days ago. We got it narrowed down to 2. Wild Turkey Rare Breed Rye and Barrel Seagrass.
tasting with Ted2.jpg

There has been a lot of buzz lately about Old Forrester picks so I decided to revisit my 3 bottles. I have only taken a sip from my 86 proof shelf bottle. I think I bought it at Conoco 3 years ago for 22 bucks. I have been missing out. It is quite tasty. Creamy and butterscotch on the nose with a hint of dark fruit, like grape or light plum. It reminds me of BT products.
Light sweet and oak starting out on the palate. For just 86 proof, it coats the tongue with toasty oak and vanilla. Oops, I just got just a hint of anise and it left as quickly as it came.
Medium long finish with light sweet and toasty oak. Like toasted marshmallow.
As usual the longer I type the better it get's. Don't hurry it along.
Quite impressive for a cheap bottle. HA! It's probably 40 bucks now days! Still "nice for the price " Cheers!

Old Forrester1.jpg

Mike, I took a bottle of old forester on our fishing adventure a few years back. I believe you are the one that recommended it. We all enjoyed it.
My brother has been on a Four Roses kick lately. I sampled some of the yellow label and it was quite tasty.

Mike, I took a bottle of old forester on our fishing adventure a few years back. I believe you are the one that recommended it. We all enjoyed it.
My brother has been on a Four Roses kick lately. I sampled some of the yellow label and it was quite tasty.
I remember that. I have this bottle and 2 barrel picks. One from Starks in Prairie and a Waterloo Hy Vee pick. Both are quite delicious. Ace Spirits in Minneapolis just released a pick today. (they ship here) Crossroads Hy Vee will have one next month I believe. I am a fan.

I have a half dozen 4 Rose's I need to revisit. It has been a year or more since I sampled it.

Wow!! That looks fantastic!! Well done........ and I'm not talking about to what degree it was prepared! :thumbsup:

Dam that looks good!
I concur! This one was brined for 8 days and served up on Stupor Bowl Sunday. It's a pastrami brine and the color comes from pink curing salt.

20240211_114214.jpg

@toolmanmike I'm a Big Green Egg guy. What's your system? Looks like you coat with mustard as I do.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back