• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop in for a drink.

We found a clear rye for my father in law. It was Iowa of all places. He said it was awesome. Like when a Xmas present goes well
Probably Legendary Rye. A 100 year old recipe from the guy's grandma. Good stuff.

I just picked up a bottle of Uncle Nearest 1856 and damn is it nice. Slightly sweet with maple, oak, and caramel flavors. No alcohol bite. Dangerously smooth!

uncle nearest.jpg

I just picked up a bottle of Uncle Nearest 1856 and damn is it nice. Slightly sweet with maple, oak, and caramel flavors. No alcohol bite. Dangerously smooth!

View attachment 1056190
I would sit pool side and drink rum buckets, they're dangerously smooth too. Before you know it, It's lights out!! LOL

Moonshiners Sugarland Shine Mark - Digger - Mark - Jim Tom - Tickle.jpg

never had it 'yet'

Mark & Digger come up with some cool-sounding shines

not $100+ ($200+) a gallon worth thou

View attachment 1056718

never had it 'yet'

$50 a quart is average for good whiskey but it hangs out in a oak barrel for at least 3 years. LOL Watching those guys now on Discovery .Nice guys I have heard.

View attachment 1056718

never had it 'yet'

Mark and Huck drove a 6X6 across the mountains to Jim Tom's place and are going to make a run with their equipment. Ol' Jim Tom had a stroke last year (I heard) and doesn't get out much. What a character he is.

Mark and Huck drove a 6X6 across the mountains to Jim Tom's place and are going to make a run with their equipment. Ol' Jim Tom had a stroke last year (I heard) and doesn't get out much. What a character he is.
Yeah, I watch the show Tuesday night's 1st airings...

I get a kick/laugh out some of the characters

That's cool. I'm a rye fan and starting to get quite a few different ones.

I’ve always wanted to try Rye since seeing it referred to in old westerns. What does the typical rye taste like compared to say Dewers Scotch?

I used that Scotch as a known quantity as I drank it on flights although not my main drink. My preferred is actually Seagrams 7.

I don’t spend big bucks or even medium bucks on liquor so what’s a good cheaper example?

Ive seen Bulleit is at my liquor store.

I’ve always wanted to try Rye since seeing it referred to in old westerns. What does the typical rye taste like compared to say Dewers Scotch?

I used that Scotch as a known quantity as I drank it on flights although not my main drink. My preferred is actually Seagrams 7.

I don’t spend big bucks or even medium bucks on liquor so what’s a good cheaper example?

Rye has a spicy black peppery taste. (kind of) It depends how it is distilled and matured but the rye spice you can usually smell in the glass and taste half way through the sip. Sip slow and let it move around in your mouth. There are a lot of different flavors to experience.

Bullet isn't bad. Michters is my new found favorite.

Michter's.jpg

Rye has a spicy black peppery taste. (kind of) It depends how it is distilled and matured but the rye spice you can usually smell in the glass and taste half way through the sip. Sip slow and let it move around in your mouth. There are a lot of different flavors to experience.

Thanks. Would the Bulleit brand western style be a good 1st example?

Pretty much all their offerings are at the base Class IV, which sells liquor etc. I’ve had the bourbon which was not bad. May just pick up a bottle when I’m there again. Is there any sweetness or just the spicy black pepper taste to rye?

Auto Transport Service
Back