• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop in for a drink.

We have a store, total wine and more. They have almost everything they make there. Samples of wine and hard liquor. I never get out of there with out spending 2 to 3 hundred dollars.

Well I had another short glass.

did what you said. Pretty spicy neat. Breathed in and had to cough on first go, then better. Very strong spicy peppery, but nice flavor.

then a few more holding in my mouth and gums, also nice, still nice and spicy, maybe some cinnamon.

The ran some water on my fingers and put that in very little, probably 10 drops but not much. That mellowed out the spicy. I think too much. I’ll see if I can find those cubes. Pretty sure I have some.

probably will drink w/o water at all next time.

We have a store, total wine and more. They have almost everything they make there. Samples of wine and hard liquor. I never get out of there with out spending 2 to 3 hundred dollars.
Waiting for my stimulus check! LOL

Well I had another short glass.

did what you said. Pretty spicy neat. Breathed in and had to cough on first go, then better. Very strong spicy peppery, but nice flavor.

then a few more holding in my mouth and gums, also nice, still nice and spicy, maybe some cinnamon.

The ran some water on my fingers and put that in very little, probably 10 drops but not much. That mellowed out the spicy. I think too much. I’ll see if I can find those cubes. Pretty sure I have some.

probably will drink w/o water at all next time.
Good for you. Have fun with it.

Got a bottle of this. Quite nice.

View attachment 1057731

20210121_171517.jpg

My last house had a bar named, dead end. It had pictures of old actors and musicians that have passed on with a yellow dead end street sign in the middle. I have no pictures of it, I've built so many things in my life I'd have thousands of pictures. I had about 10 thousand in material alone. It was about 14 foot long with all oak raised panels and mirrors and glass shelves. The bar top was full of pictures and sealed with pour over epoxy.

Cheers! Hey, I couldn't help myself with the meme. I wish it was a real bottle of Rip and it was in the glass.

80 proof.jpg ol rip.jpg

Last edited:
Careful...you'll get in trouble with the Mods here. :p

It's only just gone opening time here on Saturday afternoon. Heading out to a 50th later....maybe a drink or two, and some shenanigans also. :D
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I watched a video from Buffalo Trace about tasting notes and their top notch bourbon they were tasting was Eagle Rare. I thought to myself "hey I have a bottle of that. I don't remember it being that good" Well it's 9 am on Monday but I had to pour a little for a sip. Yes it is that good. I am going to save that one for special occasions. It's a 10 year that is a superb sipper. It has such a pleasant finish. Almost a cough drop numbing at the back of your throat 5 min after. Definitely a slow sipper to enjoy the layers of flavors.

Eagle Rare.jpg

I remember years ago, my mother went to a Tupperware show and bought me Tupperware ice balls. They were little plastic balls that you froze and used in place of ice. I have no idea what happened to them now, it's been probably 25 years.
Were those balls connected by string? If so, she didn't go to a Tupperware show....

Mike
That looks like a nice way to start a Monday morning!!!!

Keep up the good work. I follow this thread so I can take a nice bottle for me and my brother to share on our annual fishing trip.

Keep up the good work. I follow this thread so I can take a nice bottle for me and my brother to share on our annual fishing trip.
Good to get the info out there. I have a hard time pulling the trigger on a $50 bottle if I haven't heard good things about it. Speaking of which, there's a lot of chatter in the last couple days about Russell's Reserve 10 year being real nice. Must have just got released. I'm on it! LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back