• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop in for a drink.

Pretty much all their offerings are at the base Class IV, which sells liquor etc. I’ve had the bourbon which was not bad. May just pick up a bottle when I’m there again. Is there any sweetness or just the spicy black pepper taste to rye?
Some sweet depending on the mash bill and maturation. Corn in the mash bill will add sweet. As does malted barley. Toasted oak barrels also add sweet/caramel flavor.

These are a few that I have been having lately. I joined a club last year and have been enjoying it. I have a couple buddies that are into whiskey as well and we send tasters out each month of the new ones we like.

A15FF60C-BCDE-48AC-8502-E3E30A48D8C3.jpeg 42450955-B130-4B25-A827-F773B24EE8CE.jpeg 1D878C84-7714-4E3B-BEE5-47E7A49150B9.jpeg 21F5B56B-B388-4688-BCE5-14170DE29E06.jpeg E9B7177D-351B-4594-9152-E675990B32F1.jpeg 6CAD005D-03FF-4407-8517-D5BD2002EDCE.jpeg 37A10ADC-6291-4E4D-B8BD-F17DB0C48EE6.jpeg CF4B72DE-DD1C-406D-B069-A4415677D11A.jpeg

I normally don't drink this early, but today I need it.

I got some bulleit rye. Hope I like it qq.

Will report back later
Please do. Give us some tasting notes. Give the bottle a shake before opening. Pour an ounce in a glass and let it breathe for a min. or two. Smell the flavors before the first taste. Take a small sip and let it sit on your tongue for a few seconds. If you breathe in it may take your breath away. LOL If after a couple sips it is too hot with a alcohol taste, put a drop or two of water in it, stir, let it sit for a min. and try again. Pay attention to how the flavors change. The spice in rye is quite obvious. You may also taste sweet, caramel, grain (cereal) and the like. Sometimes as soon as you taste, sometimes in the middle and often towards the tail end. Sorry for the rattling on but drinking it neat (without water, ice, mix, and at room temp) should be tried and given a chance. Often it's a very enjoyable way to enjoy spirits.

Last edited:
I did what you suggested. Liked it at first taste. Added some ice, liked that, and on second pour a splash of water.

I’m not good at the giving impressions thing.

Definitely taste the spice, and maybe some cinnamon. The water did change it some. Maybe expanded the flavor.

Will start over tomorrow and pay closer attention at each phase.

I did what you suggested. Liked it at first taste. Added some ice, liked that, and on second pour a splash of water.

I’m not good at the giving impressions thing.

Definitely taste the spice, and maybe some cinnamon. The water did change it some. Maybe expanded the flavor.
Will start over tomorrow and pay closer attention at each phase.
You're on the right track. One thing bad about ice is that the more it melts the more it dilutes which can be a bad thing. Something like peppermint schnapps that you want to keep cool but not water down, there are stainless steel cubes to freeze to keep things cool and not water down.

You're on the right track. One thing bad about ice is that the more it melts the more it dilutes which can be a bad thing. Something like peppermint schnapps that you want to keep cool but not water down, there are stainless steel cubes to freeze to keep things cool and not water down.

thanks. I may have to invest in some of those cubes. Better check downstairs first. Might have some haha.

I remember years ago, my mother went to a Tupperware show and bought me Tupperware ice balls. They were little plastic balls that you froze and used in place of ice. I have no idea what happened to them now, it's been probably 25 years.

I remember years ago, my mother went to a Tupperware show and bought me Tupperware ice balls. They were little plastic balls that you froze and used in place of ice. I have no idea what happened to them now, it's been probably 25 years.
I have some plastic ones. They don't play well with alcohol above 100 proof. (alcohol breaks down in the plastic) That's why stills are stainless steel or copper. If you buy spirits, buy it in glass and not plastic. Just sayin'

Ok I will chime in here. I drink very little, maybe 5 drinks a year. I love good bourbon. My brother said he is saving some Cedar Ridge (distilled in Iowa) for me to try. He said it is very good. I like it neat in a glass with a wide rim so I can get the full aroma. I have some Makers Mark tasting glasses that a great.

Ok I will chime in here. I drink very little, maybe 5 drinks a year. I love good bourbon. My brother said he is saving some Cedar Ridge (distilled in Iowa) for me to try. He said it is very good. I like it neat in a glass with a wide rim so I can get the full aroma. I have some Makers Mark tasting glasses that a great.
You need a good cigar to go with that bourbon.

download (24).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back