• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop on in for a cup of coffee!

2nd cup of McCafe Breakfast Blend in the cup from my daughter's family.

IMG_20221016_100724675.jpg

I just noticed my anniversary is coming up on November 11th. Ten wonderful years on FBBO.
Congrats. I hit 12 here in August. Wow, 17 years in Jan. on FABO and 8 times as many posts.

Looking for a truck. Now is not a good time to look for a used pick up. :BangHead:

Same. Few and far between. People want 2-3k or more and 20+ year old trucks that need all kinds of work including rebuild/replacing engine. Those used to be like 500 dollar trucks about 10 years ago or so. People don't seem to think of your labor to do that work, they must think it's magic.

Same. Few and far between. People want 2-3k or more and 20+ year old trucks that need all kinds of work including rebuild/replacing engine. Those used to be like 500 dollar trucks about 10 years ago or so. People don't seem to think of your labor to do that work, they must think it's magic.
Looking for a Dakota. I have a 2 and 4 wheel drive 96 models and really like them but both are having rotted frame issues. I am looking for a extended cab Dakota. Even a Toyota Tundra (around the 2002 range). I found a nice Colorado 4 wheeler today but it was a stripper, no carpet or power windows or door locks. Sorry, I really use those accessories.

Looking for a Dakota. I have a 2 and 4 wheel drive 96 models and really like them but both are having rotted frame issues. I am looking for a extended cab Dakota. Even a Toyota Tundra (around the 2002 range). I found a nice Colorado 4 wheeler today but it was a stripper, no carpet or power windows or door locks. Sorry, I really use those accessories.
I've seen a few on CL and FB but they're quite a jump from you (FL and SC) and a couple need engine work - either replace or rebuild, can post links if you're interested or PM them. I usually use 500 mile search radius since if it's a decent enough deal I don't mind driving. Just figured out tweaking my radius to less miles gives me different results too so it's gonna be a long night for me lol.

I have a 95 and a 96 regular cab short bed Dakotas. Both are two wheel drive. Both are V6 and both are 3.55 gears. The 95 has 29 inch tall tires on the back and that 3.55 gear is useless. I put some 23 inch tall tires on the back of the 95 years back and that really woke it up but those little tires sure looked stupid for a while....

Have you placed an ad in the WTB forum?

Used cars and trucks in any shape are expensive right now because nobody wants to spend $70,000 for a new one.

Used cars and trucks in any shape are expensive right now because nobody wants to spend $70,000 for a new one.
No doubt. No one is trading them in. If they still run they are using them. The lots are empty of new ones. I see a lot of late model trucks and cars around. Obviously bought at auction. Where did they come from. Texas flood? No thanks. Out of my price range anyway.

I have a 2010 Elantra that we bought new for cash, a 2008 Ram 1500 Quad cab Hemi 4x4 that we paid cash for several years ago, and a 2017 Ford Escape Titanium that we paid cash for new. All run fine and are well maintained. No way I am EVER going to pay $70,000 for a new car. Hell no.

Time to bring this thread to the front. It's a great place for a cup, chat, and make some friends. No politics or Blue forum stuff here please.

My first new vehicle was a bike....81 Honda 750 CB Custom. First wife hated that vehicle too. Nag nag nag lol. My second wife and I bought a 90 Dakota Club Cab for our business and that was only the second vehicle that was bought new. Only put a little over 5k miles on the bike but the 90 ended up in the hands of the oldest daughter who hit a parked car and totaled it....it had just over 100k miles. Only bought two more new vehicles after that.

I’ve never bought a new car but until just recently, I was making payments on a 1955 Bel Air.

Auto Transport Service
Back