• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stover Nuts or Stage 8 collector bolts?

idrivemopar

Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone with headers is using for their collector bolts that do not come loose? It does not appear that double nut helps, and most supplied nut, bolt and lock washer setups suffer from heat expansion that cause them to come loose. Not a fan of tack welding the nut in place either.

I have seen two recommendations, using Stover lock nuts on grade 8 bolts or getting a Stage 8 collector bolt set?

What have you had success with?

I used stainless hardware and everything stays tight. I do use USS (decreased diameter) flat washers on both sides FWIW.

I'm using TTI headers and nothing has come loose yet. What sort of horsepower are you making to cause the collector bolts to work loose??
Easy fix would be to use spring washers.

I typically don't use gaskets. Just high temp silicone and regular bolts with new crisp lock washers that dig into the metal.

I'm using TTI headers and nothing has come loose yet. What sort of horsepower are you making to cause the collector bolts to work loose??
Easy fix would be to use spring washers.

I have TTI headers also and am using their hardware, motor is about 340hp. It must be a temperature thing with hot and cold cycles causing them to loosen, don't thing its a vibration thing.

Stainless works because it cold welds to it self with heat cycling where grade 8 won't... Stainless can be a curse on exhaust... when it doesn't let go...

Auto Transport Service
Back