• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange spark plug problem. I can't get #3 threaded in properly.

Thanks Bob.
I bought the Brussels sprouts dish from Sam's Club, in their refrigerated food section of in-house prepped "fresh" food selections. They do a good job. I can't really help w/a recipe other than I've had this before and it's always GREAT, so good I'm going to search for a recipe that looks right. If I pull that off and my version is good I'll post it....
The skin on Salmon usually gets similar "treatment" by me in prep for the grill: I make single cuts in the fish from back to belly about 1½" apart, leaving the skin uncut, from head to tail. Dust with a salt free lemon or lime based seasoning, one of my favorites being the Tone's Cilantro Lime blend (has some salt in it), or for a somewhat less complex, "purer" flavor I'm currently using Kinder's Lemon Pepper seasoning. It's critical (for me) primarily from a flavor perspective to use salt free lemon pepper, salt can always be added to anything, and I don't like salt "sneaking in" to anything. I am sensitive to salt anyway in my effort to control high blood pressure, but far and away I like salt free seasonings so I can achieve the flavor goal I'm employing it for.
Anyway, the lemon or lime based seasoning, some randomly but evenly dispersed drops of lemon juice, and I open each slice I made and put a bit of a liquid marinade or salad dressing. Tonight I used some Hearty Italian oil/vinegar based dressing, but I usually use Lowery's Lemon Pepper marinade. The slices then close back up. Spray some olive oil on the skin side, and let it all sit for a while completely covered. Heat up the world's most outstanding grill: My long coveted (over 10 years) TEC 100% infrared grill. I have the 44" Patio FR, I'm not aware of a larger grill they offer at appx 600 in.² cooking surface. It's 2 burners, 2 sides, 2 grilling surfaces each side, but only 1 burner per side so that's 2 distinct temperature areas. It can achieve 900° in 10 minutes on high, but also go as low as 200° for a "barbecue/smoker" experience. That is unheard of flexibility. My primary attraction is the 900° capability because my wife and I both like rare or rare+ steaks, but the crunchy exterior crust of a properly seasoned cut of meat (filet almost always) and extremely high temperatures are a MUST. I've also gone to the other extreme and using the smoker wood chip holding accessory, I've smoked/barbecued a couple of racks of ribs, and on the other side grilled whole fresh corn on the cob. I use the pizza oven accessory and make homemade pizzas too, although I'm still working on the best temperature for cooking my excessively thick (heavy with toppings) pizzas without burning the crust. I use a sheet of aluminum foil and parchment paper, and the pizza oven accessory.
Hey! I can't help but to have gone to the extreme describing the grill I've coveted since post-Katrina August 2005. I think you, Bob, would be impressed with the design and materials used throughout the grill, but especially the 100% infrared cooking methodology, even though it uses fire to work.
It's the ONLY grill I can have complete confidence in not catching on fire when cooking our favorite chicken, whole leg+thigh quarters. We like the fat they hold for the extra jucyness, but most grills become raging infernos. The smallness of the air spaces between the vertical rows of stainless steel in the grills that lay directly on the dark red glass heating surfaces is a big part of that, along with the fire of the burners never coming in direct contact with the items being cooked.
44-Patio-FR-Stainless-Pedestal-with-Side-Shelves_Shaved-Base_600px.png

Actual burner (under the glass plates)
Screenshot_20221113_212303_Chrome.jpg

And a representative picture of the steel grills on one side and the glass plates on the other:
Screenshot_20221113_212355_Chrome.jpg

Preheat for the Salmon on high about 7-10 minutes, BUT lower it to about 1/4 to 1/3 heat level and the Salmon cooks with the skin directly on the grills steel.
Once I think it's ready (about 20-25 minutes) I check the thickest part for doneness by putting a fork in a section and twist. The meat lifts off clean from the skin and surrounding meat and it's ready to go!
Turn the burners on high for about 10-15 minutes and most any residue is turned to ASH. Makes cleanup easy, sanitary, and lends to consistently good flavor without cross contamination from a prior cook.

From spark plugs to gourmet cooking, who would have thunk it?
I'm going to get a snack now.
You should know that I'm notorious for rambling thread "topics" but I try not to disemble other people's threads.
I do believe that "Help I'm in the process of (whatever) and need instructive rescue" should only have concise, direct replies.
Thanks for your inquiry and thanks to anyone who read through the entire "grill/grilling" post.

Wow! 100 posts on changing a spark plug. Likely could have rebuilt a couple of motors in that time. LOL.

You should know that I'm notorious for rambling thread "topics" but I try not to disemble other people's threads.
I do believe that "Help I'm in the process of (whatever) and need instructive rescue" should only have concise, direct replies.
Thanks for your inquiry and thanks to anyone who read through the entire "grill/grilling" post.

Your threads keep us coming back and I like that. :thumbsup:

Use the clamp, but instead of clamping directly on the fingers, put a match stick on each one before clamping down. Then you can install the tool and tighten up to expand without removing the clamp, the matches will just crush instead.
The first time I read this, and the next 5 times I reread it, I didn't understand what you were suggesting and posted this reply:
I don't understand.
It's strange how a week or so passes, and I just read the wooden matchstick suggestion again as I was reviewing the thread, and EUREKA! I understand it now. Thanks.

is the plug still F'ed up?
All of the details I make the time and effort to put into my posts and you ask that question?!
:poke:
No wonder I haven't had the time to finish!
If only I could "post" the plug chaser in and out. LMAO
:lol:
I posted that I should have done it Saturday, and I hope I'll learn from that. My wife knew my plans to work on my Roadrunner this weekend, then today since I didn't yesterday, but she asked me to go to the grocery store together and we really needed to, so I went with her.
That took longer (I get what I go there for, women "shop") then we got some food I had to cook today, and then today's window of opportunity closed.
Thanks for asking!
:thumbsup:

GOOD LORD

You could have pulled the head, rethreaded from the inside, ordered and received new gaskets (if necessary) and had the head back on by now.

Do we have to drive out and do all that ourselves?

GOOD LORD

You could have pulled the head, rethreaded from the inside, ordered and received new gaskets (if necessary) and had the head back on by now.

Don't make him nervous. He needs to have a steady hand for what he needs to do.

GOOD LORD

a fbbo garage squad?.....hmmmmm

Is this spark plug replaced yet? Just wondering?

Lol, ROF, :poke: :blah::luvplace:
Just using my limited time efficiently.
Got home from a long day out of town working with another back there tomorrow, so I'm multi-tasking.
I'm on the forum and I hate using public bathrooms...
:lol:

Thanks Bob.
I bought the Brussels sprouts dish from Sam's Club, in their refrigerated food section of in-house prepped "fresh" food selections. They do a good job. I can't really help w/a recipe other than I've had this before and it's always GREAT, so good I'm going to search for a recipe that looks right. If I pull that off and my version is good I'll post it....
The skin on Salmon usually gets similar "treatment" by me in prep for the grill: I make single cuts in the fish from back to belly about 1½" apart, leaving the skin uncut, from head to tail. Dust with a salt free lemon or lime based seasoning, one of my favorites being the Tone's Cilantro Lime blend (has some salt in it), or for a somewhat less complex, "purer" flavor I'm currently using Kinder's Lemon Pepper seasoning. It's critical (for me) primarily from a flavor perspective to use salt free lemon pepper, salt can always be added to anything, and I don't like salt "sneaking in" to anything. I am sensitive to salt anyway in my effort to control high blood pressure, but far and away I like salt free seasonings so I can achieve the flavor goal I'm employing it for.
Anyway, the lemon or lime based seasoning, some randomly but evenly dispersed drops of lemon juice, and I open each slice I made and put a bit of a liquid marinade or salad dressing. Tonight I used some Hearty Italian oil/vinegar based dressing, but I usually use Lowery's Lemon Pepper marinade. The slices then close back up. Spray some olive oil on the skin side, and let it all sit for a while completely covered. Heat up the world's most outstanding grill: My long coveted (over 10 years) TEC 100% infrared grill. I have the 44" Patio FR, I'm not aware of a larger grill they offer at appx 600 in.² cooking surface. It's 2 burners, 2 sides, 2 grilling surfaces each side, but only 1 burner per side so that's 2 distinct temperature areas. It can achieve 900° in 10 minutes on high, but also go as low as 200° for a "barbecue/smoker" experience. That is unheard of flexibility. My primary attraction is the 900° capability because my wife and I both like rare or rare+ steaks, but the crunchy exterior crust of a properly seasoned cut of meat (filet almost always) and extremely high temperatures are a MUST. I've also gone to the other extreme and using the smoker wood chip holding accessory, I've smoked/barbecued a couple of racks of ribs, and on the other side grilled whole fresh corn on the cob. I use the pizza oven accessory and make homemade pizzas too, although I'm still working on the best temperature for cooking my excessively thick (heavy with toppings) pizzas without burning the crust. I use a sheet of aluminum foil and parchment paper, and the pizza oven accessory.
Hey! I can't help but to have gone to the extreme describing the grill I've coveted since post-Katrina August 2005. I think you, Bob, would be impressed with the design and materials used throughout the grill, but especially the 100% infrared cooking methodology, even though it uses fire to work.
It's the ONLY grill I can have complete confidence in not catching on fire when cooking our favorite chicken, whole leg+thigh quarters. We like the fat they hold for the extra jucyness, but most grills become raging infernos. The smallness of the air spaces between the vertical rows of stainless steel in the grills that lay directly on the dark red glass heating surfaces is a big part of that, along with the fire of the burners never coming in direct contact with the items being cooked.
View attachment 1372924
Actual burner (under the glass plates)
View attachment 1372925
And a representative picture of the steel grills on one side and the glass plates on the other:
View attachment 1372926
Preheat for the Salmon on high about 7-10 minutes, BUT lower it to about 1/4 to 1/3 heat level and the Salmon cooks with the skin directly on the grills steel.
Once I think it's ready (about 20-25 minutes) I check the thickest part for doneness by putting a fork in a section and twist. The meat lifts off clean from the skin and surrounding meat and it's ready to go!
Turn the burners on high for about 10-15 minutes and most any residue is turned to ASH. Makes cleanup easy, sanitary, and lends to consistently good flavor without cross contamination from a prior cook.
Thanks for the e-mail and information.....I also shop at Sam's Club....i'll look for the offering next time I'm there...looks very interesting. With regard to the salmon, I'll try your method. I also try and use salt free seasonings, like Mrs. Dash, McCormick, I also like Penzies Spices (on line)....a huge selection of spices and stuff. Your grill is perfect.....perhaps, when this is all done....we can open an eatery in your area...cook crawfish, crabs, seafood, kick back and empty a few brown bottles and tell war stories....just a thought....
BOB RENTON
FYI.....Link to spices.
Penzeys
HomePage | Penzeys › subscrip...
Catalog

Last edited:
I feel a storm coming.
I certainly had to find a sense of humor in the ways my life has become "not my own", largely due to my wife finding different ways to coerce me into doing "tasks" and "projects", many of her own designs without any consultation.
Having just wrapped up a 5 or so years long Freddy Kruger level nightmare construction project on a "vacation home" I have been doing all I can to say "no" within generous reason.
Still building momentum in backing away from my indentured servitude role, but 5 big dogs and a 40# pig, her in the last 6 months or so of NP school (she had better make 6 figures plus from graduation on) with me having to pick up the slack, and my one man small business.
It's a lot, but I have blessings and God has shown me His Grace, so I have tools to break free of the long, difficult stretch of darkness I found myself in.
I still have a long way to go, but I'm heading in the right direction.

Thanks for the e-mail and information.....I also shop at Sam's Club....i'll look for the offering next time I'm there...looks very interesting. With regard to the salmon, I'll try your method. I also try and use salt free seasonings, like Mrs. Dash, McCormick, I also like Penzies Spices (on line)....a huge selection of spices and stuff. Your grill is perfect.....perhaps, when this is all done....we can open an eatery in your area...cook crawfish, crabs, seafood, kick back and empty a few brown bottles and tell war stories....just a thought....
BOB RENTON
FYI.....Link to spices www.penzeys.com.
I have zero interest in a food related business, but there are a number of FBBO members who have met and hung out with me when they were "in town" and I'd be happy to meet with you and do stuff locally.
Best Bet for anyone??
Come to Cruisin the Coast in early October for the ultimate cruising and muscle cars/classic cars events and sugar white sands of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I'd enjoy that!

I have zero interest in a food related business, but there are a number of FBBO members who have met and hung out with me when they were "in town" and I'd be happy to meet with you and do stuff locally.
Best Bet for anyone??
Come to Cruisin the Coast in early October for the ultimate cruising and muscle cars/classic cars events and sugar white sands of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I'd enjoy that!
Well.....i might take you up on your offer....at least empty a few brown bottles and have a meal or 2....and tell war stories......
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back