• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stumped

Roger63

Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
69 coronet rt with ralley dash. I had everything working then today as I was warming it up to take to alignment shop I lost all my gauges. I assume it's the voltage limiter. But I lost turn signals also. Is that connected or 2 separate issues?

69 coronet rt with ralley dash. I had everything working then today as I was warming it up to take to alignment shop I lost all my gauges. I assume it's the voltage limiter. But I lost turn signals also. Is that connected or 2 separate issues?
Hard to say if they are related. One thing for sure is they both work off the ignition switch as they rely on the key on to supply them power. First test the fuses. Then get a test light or voltmeter and start testing.

Have you got tail lights?
Yes, headlights tail lights and brake lights. After looking at my wiring diagram it appears that the functions not working all get power through ignition switch. But it will start and run.

Yes, headlights tail lights and brake lights. After looking at my wiring diagram it appears that the functions not working all get power through ignition switch. But it will start and run.
You need to do as I suggested. Running has nothing to do with your problem.

Had a similar situation recently and discovered a wire a po must have used for a tach. Fortunately I'm using the RTE solid state limiter which cut off the power until it was resolved and worked fine ever since.

You need to do as I suggested. Running has nothing to do with your problem.
I have been so far haven't found anything, I'm also trying to provide all the information I have

I have been so far haven't found anything, I'm also trying to provide all the information I have
So you have tested all the fuses and have power on the terminals that clamps on to the fuses????

Then you need to see if there is power at the flasher and power to the gauge voltage limiter. My bets you have two completely different problems.
Your probably right but that will be tomorrow's endeavor, thanks for the help.

Funny thing happened this morning as I started the car to take in for alignment. Everything that wasn't working yesterday is working today. After I got home I just put it away for brain teasing next week.

Auto Transport Service
Back