• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sublime or Plum Crazy on the Bee?

What color???

• Plum Crazy

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Sublime

• Go Man Go

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Burnt Orange

• Titty Pink

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beeguy

Banned
Banned
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
This is kind of a dumb question but I've been thinking about it for months and I could flip a coin.

I have a '70 Bee I'm stripping to bare metal and fixing a few dings on to get ready for paint. it's an original dark burnt orange car with a burnt orange interior, not a gross color scheme but since it's not a numbers matching car anyway I want something a little more flashy. I'm putting an all new Legendary interior in and the rest can by dyed so I am thinking plum crazy with a white interior and white stripes, or black interior I don't care. or sublime with a black interior black stripes and maybe a black vinyl top.

Both would look great but what would you do?

Purple and white are kind of common if you ask me. Seems I see more of those than orange/orange cars. Why not do an update and still retain a bit of original "lean" and paint it the current Go Man Go orange with the orange interior?

No offense my least favorite is sublime followed very close by plum :edgy: but its your car. Check out the orange car in the post below this one :yes: Yellow is my favorite color but not very popular. I have a brand c car I used to take to shows and heard people say " very nice car but don't like the color" Probably the rarest color on a muscle car tho :rolling:

No offense my least favorite is sublime followed very close by plum :edgy: but its your car. Check out the orange car in the post below this one :yes: Yellow is my favorite color but not very popular. I have a brand c car I used to take to shows and heard people say " very nice car but don't like the color" Probably the rarest color on a muscle car tho :rolling:

Don't listen to this guy he as a 68 Satellite for Pete sakes! I prefer the purple, but Sublime seems to get a bit more attention? Plum Crazy is the # 1 color for Bee's in 70 and Sublime production is about half! Burnt orange doesn't pop the way the high impact colors do, but it still looks way cool!
KID

68 Satellite I was just kidding, but I guess I forgot the smiley!
Sorry:)
KID

If it's not # matching i would go with a newer or current color. if i had to pick between those two colors i would go with sublime plum crazy purple does nothing for me, just my opinion.

Interesting, not a real clear preference across the board. I think the plum is a real pretty color, I love it on an E body but I'll have to say on a B body it just isn't a knock out. Sublime is an ugly color, but it makes a great looking car.

I just couldn't ever paint a non original color on a classic even if I hated them all.

Interesting, not a real clear preference across the board. I think the plum is a real pretty color, I love it on an E body but I'll have to say on a B body it just isn't a knock out. Sublime is an ugly color, but it makes a great looking car.

I just couldn't ever paint a non original color on a classic even if I hated them all.

I agree for the most part! Plum Crazy is the most common color that people tend to use when they change from original. There is a reason for this? Everyone loves it except the two guys on this board:) i remembered the smiley!
I'm a purest! Keep it Burnt Orange!
KID

Not pretty on a Bee's body? Your Crazy! Plum Crazy I say!
KID

Eric%201%20web.JPG

Interestingly enough I took the two pictures above just minutes apart and I must say that lighting is everything!
KID

Burnt Orange. TOO MANY BEES REPAINTED PLUM CRAZY THAT WERE ORIGINALLY SOME OTHER COLOR. Kinda funny when I think about it, as everybody was painting the purple cars some other color back in the seventies and early eighties...

Ray

Igotta say Burnt Orange. It's a really pretty color when new plus nowhere near as common as Plum Crazy. Don't get me wrong though, I love Plum Crazy - just look at the car in my avatar :)

:grin: Kid I know you were just kidding Color is just what you like I'd paint it whatever you want ,I guess you asked which we'd choose between the two.Plum then. I actually have a 70 Challenger I'm planning on redoing that is factory Sublime. Would really like to paint black,it won't be sublime again :no:

Auto Transport Service
Back