• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submarine on expedition to Titanic wreck goes missing, "search and rescue operation" underway

I don't understand what the attraction is
It's always money or fame. Those people paid big money to find a place to die. This goes on everyday, in one way or the other. 1.2 billion people follow the Kardashian, need I say more.

It's actually a pretty famous ship down there, they even made several movies about it. I think it's rather fascinating to see how it ended up.
Your right it's very fascinating and i enjoy it's history, but nothing more can be learned from it. We know why it went down and now the rest is just about making money. The more money it cost to go down there, gave them a false sense of security. Anything that expensive must be save. We don't go down and visit the ships in pearl harbor, there's a reason we don't. Not the same, but yet the same.

I think the visits actually accelerate the decay of what is left of Titanic. Stirring up the sediment every time a visit is made, also stirs up the various elements that cause the accelerated degradation of what is still there. I remember seeing a show about what the ship will look like in 20, 50, 100 and 250 years, according to the "experts". Then, just recently, I saw yet another show that displayed nearly the same thing, but the dissolution of the ship into the sea floor was magnitudes greater over the same time line. They based the acceleration on the same thing I had mentioned. An interesting theory that sounds very plausible, to me.

This is from the USS Hornet, which was destroyed in the Battle of the Coral Sea Santa Cruz, laying in 17,500 feet of seawater. Notice this IH aircraft tug, still securely strapped to the deck. The hood decal is clear as when it was new. It looks like it could be cranked up and started as part of some weird deep-sea "will it start" video. The pressure obviously blew the tires out. Amazing preservation!

1687791770454.png

Last edited:
Now they've switched to researching for gross negligence.
Additional thousands of gallons of diesel, ships and crews.

I feel like a bad person saying it; but I thought searching for them in the first place was kind of a lost cause and probably wouldn't have done anything.
How do you rescue someone 2 miles under the ocean?
Seems impossible to me.

What's left of the five men aboard can be measured at the molecular level...talk of finding human "remains" by the various punditry out there is idiotic.

What's left of the five men aboard can be measured at the molecular level...talk of finding human "remains" by the various punditry out there is idiotic.
It happened in a millisecond and they were dead before they knew it was happening. Yes, you absolutely right, in my opinion.

Now they've switched to researching for gross negligence.
Additional thousands of gallons of diesel, ships and crews.

I feel like a bad person saying it; but I thought searching for them in the first place was kind of a lost cause and probably wouldn't have done anything.
How do you rescue someone 2 miles under the ocean?
Seems impossible to me.
Well said!! And I don't want to pay for looking for them, it or whatever is left. They didn't invite me to go and I don't think I should pay to clean up some ridiculously rich guys mess. Use their money. This wasn't an act of God accident. A blind man could see this was a rich man's pleasure hunt, self-induced.

More $$$ Laundering, and Distraction Optics...

Meanwhile the Greeks actually towed a ship with 500 migrants on it into international waters so they could drown.

Uninvited visitors Should Be Uninvited. A Lot to Learn from That...

Last edited:
I think the visits actually accelerate the decay of what is left of Titanic. Stirring up the sediment every time a visit is made, also stirs up the various elements that cause the accelerated degradation of what is still there. I remember seeing a show about what the ship will look like in 20, 50, 100 and 250 years, according to the "experts". Then, just recently, I saw yet another show that displayed nearly the same thing, but the dissolution of the ship into the sea floor was magnitudes greater over the same time line. They based the acceleration on the same thing I had mentioned. An interesting theory that sounds very plausible, to me.

This is from the USS Hornet, which was destroyed in the Battle of the Coral Sea, laying in 17,500 feet of seawater. Notice this IH aircraft tug, still securely strapped to the deck. The hood decal is clear as when it was new. It looks like it could be cranked up and started as part of some weird deep-sea "will it start" video. The pressure obviously blew the tires out. Amazing preservation!

View attachment 1485164
USS Hornet CV-8 was not lost at Coral Sea...That was CV-2, Lexington. Hornet was lost after The Battle of Santa Cruz.

I guess some here forget about their ancestors doing the exact same, in search of a better life.
I haven't forgot when the US told us go away and the Canadians took us in. I get your point and as caring people, we should all do our best to help everyone. When we showed up in Canada, in the 50's, the population was much less and they needed people with a trade and/or learned skill set. Today, if a room that can hold and sustain the lives of 10, would now have 50, what do you think would happen. It's a message, not so much those out there in that boat, but to those that are watching and will follow. Saving the world by inviting them all in is impossible, a great idea, but nevertheless, impossible.

I haven't forgot when the US told us go away and the Canadians took us in. I get your point and as caring people, we should all do our best to help everyone. When we showed up in Canada, in the 50's, the population was much less and they needed people with a trade and/or learned skill set. Today, if a room that can hold and sustain the lives of 10, would now have 50, what do you think would happen. It's a message, not so much those out there in that boat, but to those that are watching and will follow. Saving the world by inviting them all in is impossible, a great idea, but nevertheless, impossible.
My Korean ancestors worked their way to the US along similar lines. My great grandfather fled the Japanese occupation in the 1800s, and was able to emigrate to Hawaii because the sugar plantations welcomed labor that was willing to work cheaper than their Japanese predecessors. He worked over 40 years in the fields, and lived to 95. He was able to send my grandfather to private schools, where he earned a scholarship for college in Philadelphia. He had no intention of staying, but when he finished medical school in 1928, his professors asked him remain in the country with his new skill set. It helps to bring something to the table.

I guess some here forget about their ancestors doing the exact same, in search of a better life.
No problem with that, when they follow the correct path. The problem is the Invasions taking place across the Globe, and now We have to cover Their Cost of Living. They show up, no means of support, and expect to live the high life...

Auto Transport Service
Back