• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggest cheap ways to deter thieves when it comes to Mopars.

Maybe launch a weather barroon to keep an eye on it?

Last edited:
I've got a concealed battery shut off, and a removable race style steering wheel on mine, and the others have dead cars between them and the street.
But, my theory is: if a thief wants your car, and has a tow truck, it's gone no matter what anti theft you have on it, bar one. .....
Put it on blocks, and take all four tires off it. It ain't going anywhere. Plus, it's free!

a5be8b2ca81a1b9b639bb76ec00316e9.jpg

It was in the shop for a long time. Snow gathered while it was at the mechanic's shop.

I posted this before.

I put a button under the dash on steering column for the starter. Just turn on key and press button for starter.

Also put a latched 12v solenoid on the column keyed start circuit. If you try to use key instead of button for the starter, the solenoid shuts down battery power until hidden switch is used to re-activate battery circuit. amazon latching solenoid

Also hood needs to be locked to prevent putting wire from battery to coil.

Separate starter button saved my buddy's car when his keys were stolen and they could not start car with key and did not know about starter button.

The heavy snow has essentially blocked the way to the Barn at the ranch so the '69 has been sitting in the driveway. If I'm outside I get people stopping and asking if it's for sale. Today some guy put a full-page note on the windshield. Asking to buy it. Do you have some cheap protections that really work well for the money and scurry the people away that are looking for a cheap 2nd Gen.

I'm thinking cheap car cover.
Remove the battery.
Pull the coil wire.
I heard the CLUB was no good. they just saw through your steering wheel.
Is there some kind of cheap wheel lock? In case they bring tow trucks

Thanks, Steve
You probably won't like this, but the best and cheapest way would be to park it indoors. You state you have a bran but the access is blocked due to snow. How abut putting it away before the actual winter licks in. Just sayin' is all...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Dude, it happens. I got caught this year too. I’ve got 3 places I store my cars, and the snow hit a little early, and with a vengeance. The last piece of my puzzle parking wasn’t in place when the snow hit and my driver quality, survivor 65 Galaxie wagon is stuck in my driveway. I don‘t drive my classics until spring because they salt the roads here. Snows got to be gone plus a good solid rain to clear that sh*t off the roads.

But my “garage queen paint” 65 Coronet and 69 GT350 never sit outside under any circumstance overnight. But the beater got stuck.
A very lame excuse if one were to ask me!!! cr8crshr/Bill:screwy::screwy::screwy::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Sell the car to the first devoted Mopar person that comes by, turn in your Mopar card, cancel your membership to FBBO, and never ever tell anybody that you owned a Mopar that was left out in a snow storm because it will reflect badly on the rest of us. I would shovel it by hand.

If I leave the car in a sketchy situation I pull out the rotor. Snap the cap back on. It's like a key.

I have a friend who ran the coil wire to a cut off switch so it doesn't have power. He tucked the switch up behind his front bumper. I never thought about it but it is a 4 speed also, now a days that is a deterrent also!! I have one of those boots installed on one of the tires on my car trailer, that would probably work also.

Some of you guys act like a Mopar will freakin' melt or dissolve if it gets left outside during a snowstorm. You think they never got snowed upon when they were new? I used to drive my 67 R/T as a daily driver when I first got it. Drove it through the worst ice storm we had in this area in years! It survived....

And I have a picture around here somewhere of my old 69 Coronet R/T with about 3 feet piled up on it. It too survived. Wish I still had it....

Take some speaker wire and skin back the ends and wrap one end around a spark plug and drop it into the gas tank. Take the other end and hook it to the hot side of the coil. When the thief put fire to the ignition, kaaaabooom. Oh **** that would defeat the purpose. My bad.

Auto Transport Service
Back