• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supposedly a 70 RT track pack car, any input on errors or value?

I don’t understand chargers at all. You can buy the one you’re looking at for the $25k he’s asking and spend $70-80K + and a couple years or more of your life restoring it and it will still never be a matching numbers car or you can just buy one like this
View attachment 1126970 View attachment 1126971 all numbers matching with build sheet, fender tag, EVERYTHING renewed, restored, or replaced with much NOS used throughout for around $65k. I don’t think I’ll ever restore a car from scratch again, it’s a losing proposition. When I buy a project I look for abandoned projects with usually, hopefully paint and body done already.

Don’t get me wrong, I love chargers and would REALLY love a 68’ but I’ll be buying it done or near done.

Beautiful Road Runner, but a Road Runner isn't a Charger R/T 440 Magnum 4 speed car. Two different animals. I have a Road Runner too,so it's not that I don't like them. They were at different ends of the spectrum when they were new and they still are.

Beautiful Road Runner, but a Road Runner isn't a Charger R/T 440 Magnum 4 speed car. Two different animals. I have a Road Runner too,so it's not that I don't like them. They were at different ends of the spectrum when they were new and they still are.

Maybe so, I think a GTX (road runner) and a Charger R/T (or base 383 charger (same as road runner)) were each at the same end of the spectrum when new. It’s just some weird phenomenon (maybe general lee) that made the charger sky rocket in price??

Regardless, I guess the point I was trying to make was, maybe look for something done to your liking already as you’ll likely be many dollars ahead in the long run and can enjoy immediately

Here’s on maybe worth looking at
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/this-is-not-mine-1968-dodge-charger.221590/

Last edited:
Maybe so, I think a GTX (road runner) and a Charger R/T (or base 383 charger (same as road runner)) were each at the same end of the spectrum when new. It’s just some weird phenomenon (maybe general lee) that made the charger sky rocket in price??

Regardless, I guess the point I was trying to make was, maybe look for something done to your liking already as you’ll likely be many dollars ahead in the long run and can enjoy immediately

Here’s on maybe worth looking at
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/this-is-not-mine-1968-dodge-charger.221590/[/QUOT

$12,345... Either he hasn't posted a real; price or that has scam written all over it..

Dana or not. Can’t tell in pic.

I thought that the woodgrain was an SE option. Not all R/T models had that. It would have included different door panels with woodgrain too.

I thought that the woodgrain was an SE option. Not all R/T models had that. It would have included different door panels with woodgrain too.

I personally owned two 70 Charger R/T's back in the 70's, they both had wood grained dashes...

The 70s? You don't seem much older than me!

A guy relatively close listed this 70 RT. Supposedly has numbers matching 4 speed (18 spline) with 3.54 Dana 60. Appears to be a white car, no vinyl top with c stripes. Very basic aside from that. No AC, drum brakes, etc. the interior looks like it was burnt orange, but the dash looks incorrect as I thought 70 RT cars had woodgrain dashes. It needs the rear lower quarters, valence corners and around the bottom of the rear window. Fender tag is missing, but it possibly has the build sheet.
He’s asking $25k, no motor.

Does this appear legit? What’s the realistic going rate these days?

View attachment 1126665 View attachment 1126666 View attachment 1126667 View attachment 1126668 View attachment 1126669
What does the driver's side look like?

The woodgrain dash could be check off when ordering your options on a 69-70,a long with other options before that SE had,and buy the look of the pic of dash that looks like a 70 as i dont see the hazzard switch on panel,could be the pic tho?

Trunk appears to be crusty and will likely need replacement. Paint might be an 80s-90s repaint. Hard to tell without seeing it in person how bad the rust is. It appears to be almost the Birdsong definition of solid.

Trunk appears to be crusty and will likely need replacement. Paint might be an 80s-90s repaint. Hard to tell without seeing it in person how bad the rust is. It appears to be almost the Birdsong definition of solid.

My California Charger R/T wasn't a whole lot better. You are from Texas so you are used to solid cars,until you have seen a Charger from the rust belt you cannot appreciate how solid this car is. If the rear window has rust issues, the trunk floor pan will too. Water runs downhill.

Definitely a bare bones Charger R/T. I like it! A 4 speed is icing on the cake!!!

Most of the window glass is not tinted which is standard for a car without factory a/c. However, the driver's side rear window appears to be tinted. Maybe it was broken in a car accident?

Definitely a bare bones Charger R/T. I like it! A 4 speed is icing on the cake!!!

Most of the window glass is not tinted which is standard for a car without factory a/c. However, the driver's side rear window appears to be tinted. Maybe it was broken in a car accident?

Front driver fender was damaged in an accident and replaced. Didn’t appear the rear quarters were hit

Car is no longer listed for sale.

chargers were pretty easy to come by until the fast and furious one with the blower and the hydraulics catapulting the launch

Looks like by the pictures it was trying to be a quick flip... First pictures are where the car sat then the next set of pictures are from a car trailer... My guess is all the interest that it will be up for sale again shortly for MORE money...

Anything concerning here? Door was cut and welded after accident. Looks like the door jam was cut and welded too. Looks like some rust by the a pillar bases.

9DC92450-BCEE-4BAE-846E-F0F8DFA2FB77.jpeg CA916629-2AA9-4EA8-A67E-530BD6C299E0.jpeg 0325E8B9-3F5B-4423-9C34-F42B8B39EE96.jpeg 5559CB72-A7D5-43A6-AE31-E94AE5101533.jpeg E150038F-0701-49D5-9D30-DE9962137B14.jpeg 93EEA897-C3C0-4B40-9F58-280750975F40.jpeg 5A433629-A58B-41BC-B67E-D7AD359C5737.jpeg F8F5D28F-1AA6-427D-A425-B9F9A47AF898.jpeg 8CFA46FB-9D21-487E-91D9-1B819B9CF414.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back