• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sure grip price??

Bens69PlymouthSatellite

Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
Just curious what is a good price 2 pay 4 just a sure grip posi,no pig,no axles no housings,just the sure grip,thinking about selling mine to buy a spool.

Any Idea? What this would be worth pretty much perfect,I just wanna buy a spool.And if anybody needs this on here let me know.

My brother just bought 489 case 3:55 for $200.

I'm incredibly jealous.

I can't find any case, any gear for under $350.

I just got a 391 SG in a 489 case for less than $200. I had the guy down to 200 before we made a package deal with 383, 400, BB radiator, a body fuel sending unit and some small stuff. I guess the question is how much do you want?

Spool is a waste if its for a street car,keep the suregrip and save yourself some coin.

The spool will chirp the tires around every corner..It,s harder on the axles too..Especially if you got old stock ones..I,m gonna build up another rear for my car with 4.10,s and a spool...That way I can just swap them out when I want to...My other is a 3.55 sg rear...I,m also runnin chromoley axles...The stock ones were candy caned...
Petty Blue 67 gTX

Sorry, OP said no pig. I'd be interested too, as I have a couple more 741's laying around, and I used to be able to set them up. I sure would like to put in some SG parts and maybe even a set of 3.73 gears. Wonder why Mopar stopped using that ratio.

I did just buy a 741 3.23 SG at Don Garlits today for $250. There was one other for this price that looked a little scarier, and about a dozen for $400-$600.

I see SG units on ebay for $300, but that seems a bit much.

Seen those gears for around 300 ...Bought my 3.55 489 case + axles for 750. and they arnt getting any easier to find

around here a used suregrip unit not the carrier is worth 150 to 250 depending on condition

Hey, Bens69....

Is yours cones or clutches?

You are wanting to sell it right?

I don't remember if they are case specific...bet Cranky knows.

around here a used suregrip unit not the carrier is worth 150 to 250 depending on condition
The SureGrip unit IS the carrier. It carries the ring gear and all the guts of the unit, hence the carrier and the part that the carrier plugs into is called the case. Once the ring gear is bolted to the carrier and mounted into the case, then it's a complete third member but most people call it the pig or chunk. A Power Lock carrier brings more money than the Borg Warner unit does but don't know what they are worth. To some, the BW unit is worthless and the PL is gold....
These are complete SureGrip carriers. Power Locks
MVC-003E.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back