• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swap Headers

kb67mopar

Local time
12:11 PM
Reaction score
Ok guys I have been thinking long and hard about headers for my Coronet and really don't think making my own will be cost effective. So I'm thinking of starting with a set of shorty's and mod where i have to (if I have to).

My question is, what are your guys experience here? Is anybody running headers/manifolds, what are you running and did you have to clearance at all? I know my engine is in a different location then anybody running TTI swap mounts so it will be all a little different but I can't imagine I am much different in location then most of you guys.

Anyway, I think I may start with these:
[h=1]http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bbk-4012/media/images/make/dodge[/h]

bbk-4012_w.jpg

One of our shop owners Rodney, has a 78 Grand Fury with a 440 and he used Hedman block huggers. They fit with tons of room to spare. You might look at those.

I don't believe they made a set for the late model hemi like that. But I'll take another look.

I apologize. I'm so stupid I didn't even notice this was for an 3G Hemi.

Hedman does make some though.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hed-79580/media/images/make/dodge

And get a load of these. They actually look like they could work.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-66692/media/images/make/dodge

Took a look, trucks wont work as the pass side always dump straight back into the firewall or come back too far. But you have the right idea.

At this point I am seriously considering running a stock set of 300c manifolds...these are so tight in there i KNOW they'll fit.

anybody have a set??

I ended up getting a set of those I originally posted. I hope to put the engine back in the car this upcoming weekend so maybe I'll actually see if they fit. I think they might clear...pass side will be the tale as its closest to the shock tower.

Headers arent going to work in my application. These are for sale now.

I wonder if those Doug's Headers ^^^ work with TTi motor mounts? The price is definately right.

I thought for the price they should be fine. TTI mounts place the engine in the factory location, so I'm sure the headers would work.

My only issue is i didn't use TTI mounts so nothing is gauranteed at this point. I'll run car manifolds for a while until I either try a set of doug's or make my own.

Took a look, trucks wont work as the pass side always dump straight back into the firewall or come back too far. But you have the right idea.

At this point I am seriously considering running a stock set of 300c manifolds...these are so tight in there i KNOW they'll fit.

anybody have a set??

So much for this logic...I have a set of these for sale now too........:angryfire:

Auto Transport Service
Back