• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tachometer

Alan746

Local time
12:56 PM
Reaction score
My 69 GTX did not come with an in dash tach. Is it possibly to add a dash tach because you can buy one at Classic Industries. I’m looking for directions how to add to my car. I’m not sure what else is needed besides the tach.

If you want to do it right, you will need to buy the tachometer wiring harness also. I saw one a while back for about $40.

Yes, no problem at all. You will need the tach, cabin wire harness, and engine side wire harness. There is a dimple on the firewall that you have to drill out for the wire and grommet.

Last edited:
I've been waiting over 7 months for my tach (also for 69 GTX) from Classic with no end in sight. Can't tell you how many times they told me next week or next month. Beyond frustrating. Tried Herb's as well but they don't even answer the phone. Not sure if they are even still in business. Good luck with your search.

Auto Transport Service
Back