• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Talladega or Bust - 1970 Super Bird Cleanup

Oh she's a keeper Roger.. she's a keeper! GF since she was 15.. Married at 18 and me 20.. not sure why she's still here 40+ years later! LOL

Almost forgot Wile E...
talladegaorbust2019 135.JPG

Well we're off in the AM on our 1400 mile trip (one way) South, then West to the Gilmore.... then really South. If you see us somewhere stop for a chat ! "Not for Hire" on both the truck front fenders and the trailer side by the nose.
talladegaorbust2019 107.JPG

Have a GREAT time! Looking forward to all of the awesome pics & stories you bring back!

Slept in the trailer at the Gilmore Museum last night. Pouring rain and about 40F. Wasn't too bad while we had power for a small heater but once the "street" lights went out we had no power. Had to revert to the ice fishing gear! LOL Toured the museum until 2:20 today, signed Justin and Gary's cars, and then made it to Tipp Ohio just before dark. Raining again... and with a wife with bad lungs we're in the Holiday Inn with the rig parked in front of our room window! Airforce Museum at Wright Anderson tomorrow and then another 4 or so hours closer to Atlanta if we can before dark.
after clean up  & off to dega & Gilmour museum 016.JPG
after clean up  & off to dega & Gilmour museum 021.JPG
after clean up  & off to dega & Gilmour museum 022.JPG
after clean up  & off to dega & Gilmour museum 040.JPG
after clean up  & off to dega & Gilmour museum 068.JPG

Last edited:
National Air Museum 051.JPG

Georgetown Kentucky tonight.. in the Hilton Garden Inn with a perfect window view of the trailer. What a nightmare finding hotels that you can even pull a trailer into their yard.. but we snaked it in!

Last edited:
Worst part about travelling when you don't book ahead. Try and find a decent place to sleep.
Looking good Wayne. Enjoy your trip! Yep, I'm envious. lol

Like all these new gas stations, the hotel parking layouts aren't trailer friendly.

Some side trips today into Richmond KY and the wife wanted to see a waterfall that ended up being a 1.5 hour detour, but we're in Sweetwater Tennessee tonight, onto Altlanta tomorrow to start the reunion in McDonough.

Popped one trailer strap somehow today, but thankfully the other three plus my "safety" straps on the rear axle all doing their jobs after some panic stops and wild lane transfers today. The wild road into the Daniel Bone National Park to see the waterfalls surely didn't help.. but to this point zero trailering issues other than the sway bar ball came lose two days ago after some terrible miles of cement road in Indiana that had the entire unit porposing down the road. I could swear the nose of the truck was coming off the ground. Thankfully we had decided to stop for the night, just as the nut was about to fall off the shank. All 4 hubs running absolutely cold !

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back