• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tear Down of a RB Industrial Engine

Probably because of the governor.
Thats correct. Holley was pretty popular and worked hand in hand with that style carburetor. Distributor would control the carb. Once the distributor hit the governed setting it would pull a diaphragm in the carb and you would have no more throttle.

Did Holley remanufacture distributors?
Holley may not have but Chrysler authorized rebuilders did.

All that "junk" you are going to toss out may have value.

Infact there was a pipe from the water pump housing to the heat crossover

Infact there was a pipe from the water pump housing to the heat crossover
There might be someone out there that might want the stuff you are putting into the 'scrap' pile. I know if I had pulled that engine apart 40 years ago, it would have gone to the scrap pile too but it surprises me what people are looking for but on the other hand, these days not so much.

Those heads sure would have been easier to build headers rather than the standard B/RB style ports.

Are you going to sonic the walls? Interested in if it will go to stock 440 bore.

You may consider bunching up that industrial stuff and donating or selling it. Governed engine stuff is hard to find. I’ve worked on Ford gas burners and it was unreal. I don’t know any sites to help move that kind of stuff though. Old fire trucks still use those in some areas. Just trying to help.

Man, I hate junking anything Mopar. I will be keeping the stuff on the table.
Everything on the floor is getting scrapped. If anyone knows anyone that wants anything from the scrap pile it's free...but I'm not shipping any of it. Come get it.

I'm not done with disassembly yet so both the piles will grow

IMG_20240112_183022196.jpg

IMG_20240112_183049497.jpg

Man, I hate junking anything Mopar. I will be keeping the stuff on the table.
Everything on the floor is getting scrapped. If anyone knows anyone that wants anything from the scrap pile it's free...but I'm not shipping any of it. Come get it.

I'm not done with disassembly yet so both the piles will grow

View attachment 1589636

View attachment 1589637
No adjustable rockers,darn.

Only ever seen the adjustable rockers on the solid cam 413-426 industrial boat engines

Typical of a RB Industrial Engine is the 3 bolt cam and double row timing chain

IMG_20240113_101459028.jpg

Typical steel crank bottom end with no windege tray, LY rods, and standard size oil pickup

IMG_20240113_104433277.jpg

Nice the crank doesn't have those big "ears" on the throws like the earlier car 413's do.

Ya... right... typical **** attention to detail by Chrysler. This crank looks awesome...so far...rods at .010 under but crank not stamped

Ya... right... typical **** attention to detail by Chrysler. This crank looks awesome...so far...rods at .010 under but crank not stamped
Not uncommon on a regrind. I wish they all did though.

Auto Transport Service
Back