• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Telemarketers bothering people

Paul_G

Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
I'm getting so tired of constant phone calls all day long from these telemarketers and automated messages. There from credit card services or they want to help me sell my car or buy a car.

Finally today I had enough. This young girl was on the phone offering to help me sell a car, and I finally said to her did you read my add? It says in my add that I don't want help selling this car. She says well we don't get all the information in the add. So finally I decided to get personal. I told this girl that her profession is bothering people like me who don't wanna be bothered, and then I told her she should get a real job and stop bothering people. I told her she should be ashamed of herself for what she's doing. She finally hung up on me.

My phone rings with these callers 4 or 5 times a day. Time to start fighting back.

Only 4/5 times a day. Had a threating call saying there was a complaint against someone in my household. She said call this number. I said scam, scam bye!

Sounds like it's time for nomorobo to me!

Now they are using phone numbers from my local area ,and when I answer the phone, it is a telemarketer on the line. I am on the don't call list,and I get more calls from them now than I did before I was on the list!

Just called my phone provider and got the bs dance. Received a notice in May that new equipment at no cost was needed by 7/1 or phone wouldn't work. They said the no more robo call service would start 7/1. Still no robo blocking.

I get these damn calls that wait for you to answer and then a telemarketer picks it up when you start speaking. They're spoofing phone numbers now - kind of like they do with email addresses - and my provider claims they can't dig and find out where the call really originated from. Last one was some guy from India claiming to lower my interest rate. They're really trying to get you to sign up for another card, and I don't want to provide my info to find out who. When I told him I don't want to be bothered and to remove my number from their list the guy started acting like a 12 year old and getting graphic. They know you can't bust them because they spoofed the number.

Just great... in the early 2000s we sent people over to India to teach them about our ways, how to deal with Americans, just to outsource customer service, and now they're using what we taught them to call us and harass us with unwanted telemarketing calls from these jerks. SMH

Google is a pain in the a**.
Yes real tired of the calls and no one answers or they have no idea whom they called. Or stay on the phone do not hang up. They made the call, they get 10 seconds max to respond.

This is one of my bihgest pet peeves. I run my biz through my cell phone. I get robo calls, search engine optimization calls, finance co's, web designers, fake google, and my all time favorite, Rachael & Heather from card holder services. I've used, mr. number, and block them too. But they can still leave voicemail. I think every person involved in this activity should be hung by their genetils till dead ! I don't call people to solicit my biz & never will !

now there are even elaborate schemes to harvest numbers or verify that a number is active

I simply do not answer the phone if I do not recognize the number, unless I am expecting a call from an unknown number.

If I don't know your number, you can leave a message...if you're human.

Interestingly there are some automated systems (like the doctor) that seem to understand what voice mail picks up. Most automated systems start on pickup and the message is truncated.

Additionally, I have no outgoing message, it just clicks.
I tell people if they are going to call me to wait for the click.

Any correspondence with vendors is done through one of several email accounts and any potential craigslist customers go through their protected email ONLY.

When i need a new roof, a loan, or windows, i don't sit on my *** hoping & waiting on someone to call & offer it.

We got rid of our landline a number of years ago and it’s been peace in the valley ever since. We only use our cell phones and don’t answer if we don’t recognize the number. There are still a few robo calls coming in on the cell but we just block those numbers and they usually can’t call back again. Get rid of your landlines and you’ll be happy you did!

My cellphone number, only 5 people have it. I received 3 robo calls in 15 mins and I get voice mails when I turn it on.

Caller ID is the best thing I've added to my house phone. If I don't know the number I don't answer. What's more annoying is that no one leaves a message. Especially that Penn Credit. First, I know I'm not behind on anything. And they never leave a message so I know they are up to no good. If there was a problem you would think they would leave one.

We have a house phone line, goes to the printer/fax machine, no phone conected to it. Cox cable has this thing where calls coming in show on the Tv screen. I have never given that number out to anyone, I dont even know the number, yet I hear the fax machine ringing an incoming call and see the name or number on the TV screen.

On my cell phone when I get these calls I am resorting to being belligerent to the caller. No vulgarity, just insulting the work they do and the choices they have made in their life.

I wish I could ignore the # if I don't recognize it, but being in the automotive business I get calls all the time that are important.

Use a Caller ID & I screen all my calls
Don't ever answer, if I don't recognize the #'s

I file a few with the
National Do Not Call Registry from time to time
it will slow for a month or 2 then right back,
usually at about 5:00pm-8:00pm PST
when I do answer I say take me off your call list...

My dad does a shitload of lame junk mail surveys
& lame *** bleeding heart donations, to some sketchy charities
sometimes I wonder if we are actually related :lol:
I know they all sell/share his info, they always have
& they always ask for him directly...

totally crazy ****

I do **** with them sometimes too...

usually just let it go to the answering machine
on the 4th ring
& they hang up 99% of the time

I press whatever number they say to be removed from their list... but they still call. I ask the person nicely to remove me from their list... but they still call. Then one day I get a call just as I'm leaving work. I have a 50 mile commute so I have about an hour to talk; and I decide to have some fun. The lady is trying to sell me health insurance. So I listen to her pitch and start asking questions.... and more questions. Then I start asking about coverage for various scenarios. Then I start repeating back what she just told me, only I would repeat it incorrectly so she has to keep correcting me. I kept her on the phone for at least 30 minutes rephrasing the same questions over and over. Then I tell her that the plan sounds pretty good and that I am interested. Then I say, "Oh, there is one more thing that maybe you can help me with.... can you go down on me to the point that when I blow my load, it runs out your nose?" Boy, you want to talk about someone being pissed off.

I posted a question about incoming --9 digit numbers.--They cannot be called back because a 9 digit number is invalid.

So how can an "invalid" number even show up on my phone?--Let alone make a connection if I pick up?
The norm is that the phone will ring and whether I pick it up or not it will hang up in 11 seconds. --(there is never a response to my answering).

Well, today I got another one (maybe number 50 or so) that was right in the ten-minute window that all previous calls have come in (much like an alarm clock).
So I picked up and said hello.--I heard background sounds that IMO was like a huge and busy office sound. Lots of voices mumbling and the like.
Next, a voice answered with a hello. (it sounded as irritated as I was) I said hello again and the call was terminated.

So what can I or we surmise from this?---They want to call me but clearly don't want to talk.

All I get is it is --a fishing expedition for numbers that work.--Can someone give me insight about a possible value for this.

Do these folks sell phone number lists to scammers to cut down on scammers (valuable) dialing time?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Google is a pain in the a**.
Yes real tired of the calls and no one answers or they have no idea whom they called. Or stay on the phone do not hang up. They made the call, they get 10 seconds max to respond.
That is not Google. If you listen carefully they will tell you that they are your Google Account Representative. It is a ploy from a Marketing Company. Ask them directly if they are a Google Employee and listen to them dodge giving you an answer. They will keep repeating their title.

We ditched the landline years ago, put our cells on the "do not call" list.....it was peaceful for a few years, now robocalls on the cells several times a day and they are all from Florida area codes (since our numbers are Florida area codes). Sometimes I even get calls from my own number! We do not answer if we do not know the incoming number, however, they usually go to voice mail, which is very annoying since I have to go to VM and delete them manually! The only way to avoid this is to extend the number of rings before VM picks up the call as most robocalls will hang up after a few rings, I have called my carrier and they are unable to extend the number of rings!!!! The only other solution is to eliminate VM (which my carrier says they cannot do either)!!!!
:elmer::icon_fU::mad::mob::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Auto Transport Service
Back