• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terry Funk won't be down

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
For Funk, wrestling was a family affair. Growing up in in Amarillo, Texas, his father, Dory Funk, Sr., was a professional wrestler, and he started out as a tag-team wrestler with his brother Dory Funk, Jr., according to his WWE biography.

Funk broke out as a wrestling star in the 1980s when he appeared in a tag team with his brother at WrestleMania 2. He then competed singularly throughout the U.S. and in Japan over the course of his 50-year career, the WWE said.

Terry Funk, WWE wrestling icon, dies at 79

R.I.P.

R.I.P. Those were the days!!

My dad loved to watch Wrestling at the chase here in St. Louis. He went every once in a while. The Chase was a very nice hotel in the downtown area in the 60's.

When I had my lake house, one week end my wife and I went bar hopping by boat and meet a group of people and started talking. I invited them to my house a few weeks later and brought my dad. Imagine the look on my dads face when Harley Race walked in. He was nobody to most, but in the day he was a big deal in the wrestling world. He opened up a wrestling school at the lake after he quit wrestling. All he had left was a 32 foot boat and an old wore out reputation. Race was broke, beat up, old, but my dad never forgot it. Tell my dad that it was fake and he'd get so mad at you. I'd just laugh................... Thanks for sharing, that brought back a few memories I'd almost forgot myself.
1692882671558.png
1692882709349.png

RIP Terry. Admirable when you tried getting in Stallone's way in Over the Top.

1692886874409.png

"Mr. Cutler is talking to you"

Auto Transport Service
Back