• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TF 270 512 dragstrip results.

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Tested my buddy Daves 67 Satellite at Milan last night. This car just got updated with some touch-up paint work, new cage, Dana, DVW race trans, 512" just over 11-1, TF 270s and intake, 4150 Holley, Hooker race headers, 270ish roller thats probably not ideal, 8" converter (no flash test), 4.10 dana, 9x30 M/T radial slicks. The car has glass hood, deck lid, bumpers, light seats, moly cage. He's around 250lbs. I would guess it weighs around 3300. ran a 1.42/[email protected] ouut of the box. Backed it up with a 1.40/[email protected]. Heard a noise on the 3rd pass and lifted. Some how the right rocker shaft center bolts were loose. Pushrods off the rockers. We pulled the shaft and inspected everything. No damage. So I put it back together and torqued the shaft hold downs. When checking the lash all the center readings were tight. So I suspect the bolts never were fully tightened during assy. This is why I torque everything when I build my stuff. I checked the left side hold downs and lashed it as well. Went back and ran a [email protected]. So no damage done. He didn't have the instructions for the play back tach. So no converter data. It hooked great. Personnaly I think it should go quicker. No jetting, timing, or lash changes yet. 36 degrees total. The carb has been dynoed in the past with good results. Car ran clean
Doug

Ladder bar. Since it was getting caged and a new Dana it was a no brainer. Less weight. Parts cost was actualy a little less.
Doug

Sounds like a pretty good combo of parts. Prob should be quite a bit faster. I’m sure with you at his disposal, it‘ll be quicker in short time.
Sounds like you’re having fun with your hobby, Doug.

Tested my buddy Daves 67 Satellite at Milan last night. This car just got updated with some touch-up paint work, new cage, Dana, DVW race trans, 512" just over 11-1, TF 270s and intake, 4150 Holley, Hooker race headers, 270ish roller thats probably not ideal, 8" converter (no flash test), 4.10 dana, 9x30 M/T radial slicks. The car has glass hood, deck lid, bumpers, light seats, moly cage. He's around 250lbs. I would guess it weighs around 3300. ran a 1.42/[email protected] ouut of the box. Backed it up with a 1.40/[email protected]. Heard a noise on the 3rd pass and lifted. Some how the right rocker shaft center bolts were loose. Pushrods off the rockers. We pulled the shaft and inspected everything. No damage. So I put it back together and torqued the shaft hold downs. When checking the lash all the center readings were tight. So I suspect the bolts never were fully tightened during assy. This is why I torque everything when I build my stuff. I checked the left side hold downs and lashed it as well. Went back and ran a [email protected]. So no damage done. He didn't have the instructions for the play back tach. So no converter data. It hooked great. Personnaly I think it should go quicker. No jetting, timing, or lash changes yet. 36 degrees total. The carb has been dynoed in the past with good results. Car ran clean
Doug
I love the body style of the 66 and 67 Satellites. Is there any pictures of it on this forum, or could you add a picture here please?

should be faster for sure though not sure what DA you are running at .. I know there is a 2 different tyre sizes / rollout for those "stocker "radials , mine prefers the shorter with 4.1 gears .
I am not sure i can get my Satellite down that low in weight and keep fully streetable , I guess drop exhaust aand race seats would help :rolleyes:
Definately a nice first time out

We did get it to go 129.6 this past weekend but it spun on that pass. Corection factor was around 1.075 with head wind. @nd pass the throttle cable broke. 3rd pass the correction went to 1.087 and it ran 127.
Doug

Sounds like a nice combo. I think once you get it sorted out, should be a high 9s combo.

I love the body style of the 66 and 67 Satellites. Is there any pictures of it on this forum, or could you add a picture here please?
I made a short clip of the full video where he describes the front and rear fender widening. The Coronet has "hips" built into the rear quarters vs the Satellite or Belvedere, but the bowed fenders on the Plymouth look great, IMO.
Screenshot_20230615_074257_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230615_074415_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230615_073430_Chrome.jpg

✂️ front and rear fenders widened

I made a short clip of the full video where he describes the front and rear fender widening. The Coronet has "hips" built into the rear quarters vs the Satellite or Belvedere, but the bowed fenders on the Plymouth look great, IMO.
View attachment 1479809View attachment 1479811View attachment 1479812
✂️ front and rear fenders widened
This is not the car dvw is talking about though, is it?

For me, this is a little too much. It's cool, but I like the stock lines of the 66 and 67, although I did the baseball bat stretch of the rear wheel lips on mine to fit a 275/60/15 drag radial, but that was much less pronounced than this one. And mine was a rusty car anyway.

This is not the car dvw is talking about though, is it?
For me, this is a little too much. It's cool, but I like the stock lines of the 66 and 67, although I did the baseball bat stretch of the rear wheel lips on mine to fit a 275/60/15 drag radial, but that was much less pronounced than this one. And mine was a rusty car anyway.
One reply was about the appearance of the 66 and 67 Belvedere Coronet and similar B-body style, and the shape, so I thought the fender widening front and rear was pertinent.
I like the overall work done on the "saloon racer" style car I posted, but that isn't "my thing" either, I was emphasizing the fender widening.
I see you "made room" for 275/60/15 drag radials, and I know if I had taller sidewalls I may run into clearance problems in the top of the wheelwell arch, but I like the looks of and have found the overall performance, especially wet surface traction/safety, longevity, and improved dry traction vs BFG T/A very good of my 315/35/17 Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials. It seems like there is significantly more room in the 70 Roadrunner rear wheelwells than the 66/67 B-bodies.
20190529_100619.jpg

One reply was about the appearance of the 66 and 67 Belvedere Coronet and similar B-body style, and the shape, so I thought the fender widening front and rear was pertinent.
I like the overall work done on the "saloon racer" style car I posted, but that isn't "my thing" either, I was emphasizing the fender widening.
I see you "made room" for 275/60/15 drag radials, and I know if I had taller sidewalls I may run into clearance problems in the top of the wheelwell arch, but I like the looks of and have found the overall performance, especially wet surface traction/safety, longevity, and improved dry traction vs BFG T/A very good of my 315/35/17 Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials. It seems like there is significantly more room in the 70 Roadrunner rear wheelwells than the 66/67 B-bodies.View attachment 1480374
Yes sir, definitely more tire room in those 70 models. And still great looking cars.

Back on the rails. Dave tested today at LIR. Turned out it only had 18 degrees total. With 35 degrees it'a a different animal. The weather today was worse as well.
Doug

46679.jpeg

46676.jpeg

Very nice! My 69 GTX street car build is very similar, probably cam being biggest difference. Car will be heavy! Hoping for low 10's. Made 713 hp/709 torque.

I'm surprised at the low 1/4 mph. I think there's more to be had based on the 108 1/8 mph. Going to test tommorow.
Doug

I recommend ARP rocker shaft studs if your running a big roller cam.

I'm surprised at the low 1/4 mph. I think there's more to be had based on the 108 1/8 mph. Going to test tommorow.
Doug
I dunno. At one point my race car ran pretty close to the same numbers. Example run; 1.384 60 foot, 9.975 et, 6.334 1/8, 131.61 mph and 107.94 1/8 mph. Could be my car was not optimized either.

Glad to see it picked up a bunch. I thought 10.40s was weak. Nice that it was an easy find. I bet there's more in it still.
Race gas, pump gas, or what?
Edit: that's a NICE 60 ft, for a 3000+ car on a nine inch tire.

Auto Transport Service
Back