• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The County Fair

the rodeo is the main attraction for me
didn't have it for a couple of years, Wuhan flu BS
our local people refused to mask up, thank goodness

And while I already loved spending time up in the hills the locals refusal to mask made me love them all the more.... I was refusing to mask down in the valley & got thrown out of a few places... Haven't gone back to any of them...

Having some fun at the Heritage Days festival in Remus, Michigan. It’s a good old boy festival with tractor and truck pulls, pie eating contests, country bands, the town baseball tournament, all manner of good old fashioned fun. This is the local well drillers truck, it pulled the sled right out into the parking lot.

7CE5457C-CDE8-46EF-834B-428D8E754F1C.png

That's what I'm talkin bout.

Going to the county fair tonight, taking my grandsons to the fair and then the Monster truck show they are having there.

The fairs that we'll attend are the 'Big Fresno Fair' (some relatives still sell food there, and some friends show their animals. Actually roadied for Megadeth when they played there...Megadeth, at the hometown Fair! About 1998-ish) the Madera County Fair, saw and met Jimmie "J.J." Walker at that one a few years back, he's awesome in person (total FJB guy) and the "Mid-State Fair" over in Paso Robles. That one's a bit of a drive but was always fun and another reason to go to our coast house before we sold it.
They're all a pretty good time, have some good concerts now and then and, well of course the junkfood mmm-mm!

Now thass a corn dawg! Those and the cinnamon rolls are my kryptonite...
1165827224_1213a755ce_b-2170678590.jpg

de52335ccabd61c722e3ba09db19704c-3557844933.jpg

(Nothing 4 or 5 hours on the bike won't fix:lol:)

Anybody enjoy going to the County Fair, or State Fair ? What do you like to see and do while there ?
I like the corn dog ride, the ice cream ride, the sour dill pickles, the shirtless fat guy exhibits, the toothless Carneys at the tilt-a-whirl ride…

L.A. county fairgrounds is 5 minutes away from my Cali house, and I haven't been to the fair in decades.
I will go to the county fair here in Arizona.

I used to go to the Montgomery county fair in Dayton OH.

Back when tractor pulls were real or only slightly modified farm tractors as well as stock and slightly modified 2 and 4 wheel drive trucks.

Saw the Hell Drivers in Valiants and Dusters there in the late 70's.

They also had a model contest display.
Then you remember Dominic's Italian restaurant? I owned a house and lived about 7 or 8 houses down from it and across from the fairgrounds. Idiots would park everywhere in our neighborhood to avid paying 5 bucks to park. Sheesh, what a bunch of cheapskates. My daughter went to the Warren County fair this evening with some friends. She won a goldfish. Lol

Then you remember Dominic's Italian restaurant? I owned a house and lived about 7 or 8 houses down from it and across from the fairgrounds. Idiots would park everywhere in our neighborhood to avid paying 5 bucks to park. Sheesh, what a bunch of cheapskates. My daughter went to the Warren County fair this evening with some friends. She won a goldfish. Lol
From what I can tell, my az County fair parking is free. Parking at the L.A. Co. Fairgrounds STARTS at $20, goes up from there, and they don't take money anymore, cc only. Often, parking costs more than admission to their big swap meet. Then, of course! they made parking on the surrounding streets illegal during events, subject to tow away.
I refuse to give the motherfuckers my cc info, or pay the outrageous fees, so I don't attend the swap meets, even though I would like to go, and I park at a public golf course a mile away and walk in for the winter nationals and world finals. If I didn't get free tickets and hospitality tent (free food and drink) I wouldnt attend those, either.

From what I can tell, my az County fair parking is free. Parking at the L.A. Co. Fairgrounds STARTS at $20, goes up from there, and they don't take money anymore, cc only. Often, parking costs more than admission to their big swap meet. Then, of course! they made parking on the surrounding streets illegal during events, subject to tow away.
I refuse to give the motherfuckers my cc info, or pay the outrageous fees, so I don't attend the swap meets, even though I would like to go, and I park at a public golf course a mile away and walk in for the winter nationals and world finals. If I didn't get free tickets and hospitality tent (free food and drink) I wouldnt attend those, either.
I don’t blame you one bit. That pay to park bullshit is plain out of hand.

I don’t blame you one bit. That pay to park bullshit is plain out of hand.
Agree. If parking was $5 or $10, okay fine, we'll get five or six people in my friend's expedition, make it worth while. But, If you wanna park within a quarter mile of the starting line at Pomona, say goodbye to $50. I do a LOT of walking at the races, walking in or out is just no big deal. BUT, if walking Is a problem, I simply wouldn't go. Some of my friends do have difficulty walking distances at things like the fair, so they get a little closer handicapped parking, and it's only 20 bucks, but if you want to be closer to the gate than handicapped parking, ......$50 please. More than the cost of admission on Thursday race day.

Don’t forget about $15 corndogs/beer
$12 sodas
$10 ice cream
Etc.

I actually rode the bus from either East 3rd St or all the way from Mad River.

On another note- I've also always wanted a Tilt-a-whirl (* see my previous posts on me bidding on the roller coaster that Michael Jackson won).

Last time I researched them was around 2017, and a certified one could be had for between 7K and 8.5K.
Non certified but operational could be had for $3800-ish.
I could barely fit one in my back yard and still have a garage/shop.
The killer is that they have eight fairly high HP electric motors.
If one of those goes.....

I also found out they have a "hack" that lets you start and stop the motors from a remote, so you can ride and operate at the same time and...
...you can "kick" the motor(s) at the right time to send a specific car "all the way around".

What I like about that ride is that the rider(s) in the car can at least partially control how the car behaves.
Sit still and "lean against", and it won't go around hardly at all.
Rock side to side and "lean with", and it'll go around and around and around.

...and I also found out they made a junior version that's IIRC 2/3 the size.
Not sure I've ever seen one, but I'm interested.
However, I'm sure weight affects the physics and operation.

Last edited:
I actually rode the bus from either East 3rd St or all the way from Mad River.

On another note- I've also always wanted a Tilt-a-whirl" (* see my previous posts on me bidding on the roller coaster that Michael Jackson won).

Last time I researched them was around 2017, and a certified one could be had for between 7K and 8.5K.
Non certified but operational could be had for $3800-ish.
I could barely fit one in my back yard and still have a garage/shop.
The killer is that they have eight fairly high HP electric motors.
If one of those goes.....

I also found out they have a "hack" that lets you start and stop the motors from a remote, so you can ride and operate at the same time and...
...you can "kick" the motor(s) at the right time to send a specific car "all the way around".

What I like about that ride is that the rider(s) in the car can at least partially control how the car behaves.
Sit still and "lean against", and it won't go around hardly at all.
Rock side to side and "lean with", and it'll go around and around and around.

...and I also found out they made a junior version that's IIRC 2/3 the size.
Not sure I've ever seen one, but I'm interested.
However, I'm sure weight affects the physics and operation.
Never in my life have I heard of anyone looking to own their own amusement park or carnival ride, let alone put in their yard.
I like the way you think @YY1 :thumbsup:

Don’t forget about $15 corndogs/beer
$12 sodas
$10 ice cream
Etc.
Oh yeah, that's a big part of why I still go. My friend that gets us tickets gets hospitality tent too. I won't buy the $15 beer, and I figure the food and sodas I DO drink in the tent would cost me $50 at the concession stands.(Wait, maybe more..... two $7.50 coffees and two $4 donuts , for breakfast. Nice meal for lunch, better than two hotdogs and fries, $25 equivalent, two $8 sodas with lunch, two more sodas and two waters to take back to the stands, $32. So...$98?)

You don't eat the fried pineapple chunks, or fried bubble gum, or whatever they've fried this latest year?

Auto Transport Service
Back