• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Creep Wagon

New clips are available, but be careful as there are two different sizes based on year.

I got the 360 back yesterday and started some assembly.

360.jpg

Love the 3-point engine hoist set-up, that looks like a 8N tractor? I have a "49" 8N, might have to build a rig like that!
Here's a couple of close-ups of the hoist set up. Very easy. I welded to the lower drawbar and welded plates up to connect to the top mount. That was pretty much it.
IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3919.jpg

The 360 is in. What a debacle. The motor mount adaptors didn't come with instructions. There is only 2 ways to put them on. The right way and the wrong way. Guess what way I put them in? I'm 0 for 1. Had to reverse them all.
Now for the trans adaptor mount. Again, only two ways to put it in. The right way and the wrong way. I'm 0 for 2. It all worked out. Just extra time.
Trans, flex plate, starter and a few other odds and ends got done today. So far so good.

IMG_3920.jpg

...There is only 2 ways to put them on. The right way and the wrong way. Guess what way I put them in? I'm 0 for 1. Had to reverse them all.
Now for the trans adaptor mount. Again, only two ways to put it in. The right way and the wrong way. I'm 0 for 2...

That's par for the course for me. I think it's called Murphy's law!

Glad you got it sorted out.

I measured for the driveshaft. I will be dropping it off at the shop this week. I'm hoping the headers and oil filter relocation kit comes in this week so I can get on that.

New driveshaft is in, fixed the trans dust shield (had a dent and the flexplate bolts were rubbing), Got the crank pulley I needed. Hooked up the PS and alt. fan, radiator. New belts and hoses. I had to do some welding to the hood. Fix a couple of problem areas and then brushed the underside with a chassis paint. Headers are in. Oil filter relocation is in. I made a shaft to pre-lube the engine. Poured in 5 quarts of oil. Spun it with my drill. Oil now circulated.

Next I will be finding TDC so I can get the dist. right and the plug wires in. The carb. is next. I'm cleaning up the linkage now. Then other hoses, wires and fuel line. Progress.
_nc_ohc=HONh8lbWlGUAX-wFFz3&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

Looking good. Wish I was installing an engine instead of chipping bondo.

Just got the new adjustable throttle linkage bracket in the mail today. I also made an extension to the throttle cable at the machine shop at work. I will be playing with that soon. I also have a Lokar trans kickdown linkage kit to install.

Since I need a good trans cooler because I plan on doing some towing, my buddy gave me one from a Dodge V10 Viper truck. He installed the Viper drivetrain in a 67 Dodge pickup and used an after market cooler. I like FREE things. It worked out very well. Only mods were drilling 2 holes and notching one of the brackets. It dropped right in. A couple of compression fittings and all looks well. It did take me like 3 hours to make up one of the trans lines. I wanted it to look really good so I was very particular. The second one should be a little easier. It's the top cooler as opposed to the bottom one that was in the car for years.

_nc_ohc=B7zfRFum0ZEAX-Kplrk&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

The V10 Viper truck in question. A good friend. I helped him out when he needed an extra hand. Now he's doing all the metal fabrication and bodywork on my 69 Dodge Dart with a 440 big block.
[IMG]

So as of today, I was able to turn over the 360 with the ignition key. I added anti-freeze and trans fluid. Bought a new battery and addressed the neutral safety switch issue. I'm still waiting on the throttle cable. It did turn over nice and strong. More progress.

IT’S ALIVE!!!!!!! The new throttle cable came in the mail and I was able to get the Creep Wagon started today. A lot of work. Now is the test and tune stage. Set timing, top off all the fluids, adjust the transmission kickdown linkage and carb. Then off to my buddy Boot’s shop to fix the exhaust. Right now it sounds like a monster truck.

_nc_ohc=ocUhivrA_HcAX-_JOiI&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back