• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE END IS NEAR!

Because dinosaurs like us don't live forever. Furthermore, if you're last through the gate you have a hell of a battle to catch up. Best to embrace the technology now and be a leader not a follower.
We were behind when the foreign small cars hit our shores and we paid dearly, our answer, the K car. A bigger piece of crap was hard to find!!

Most of us have seen this show before.
The sky is falling. Hell we lived through the pinto / chevette / rabbit years, lmao.
Our ma mopar lives on in the demon ,hell cat ,ect ect. This EV move is just yuppie feel good move. How will 3 or 4 million car charging stations be brought online ?
The electric grid in this country can not handle a hot week in July without rolling brown outs.
Like Hey O posted who among us can forget the K cars. Hell a year ago the whole country was getting ready for cars that will run on used French fry oil & corn alcohol.
The stations all revamped their pumps , E85 what was that ? Now its electric.
What happened to steam powered cars ? The car builders don't give a rats *** about anything besides $$$ and the latest piggy bank is the kids of today.

1660998950521.png

the good days of rolling out the new models are gone.

Because dinosaurs like us don't live forever. Furthermore, if you're last through the gate you have a hell of a battle to catch up. Best to embrace the technology now and be a leader not a follower.
This 'new' technology' you speak of isn't new. It didn't take a hold 130 years ago and will only crash our overly lame electrical grid we have now to the point of total failure. This is putting the cart before the horse for sure. Look at all the rolling black outs we have these days. Yeah, it's been going on for years but it's getting worse and worse as time goes on.

We were behind when the foreign small cars hit our shores and we paid dearly, our answer, the K car. A bigger piece of crap was hard to find!!
The K car really wasn't a 'reply' to the onslaught of small foreign cars. It was an answer to Chrysler not going out of business. Also, US drivers didn't want small cars until it was late in the game while small cars were being built in foreign lands because they had tight cities with narrow streets and big cars didn't fit. Plus, fuel prices were always high in other countries and the prices of cars were usually out of reach for most drivers so having gas sippers was important to them.

If it wasn't for the k car though I would not be driving my challenger rt
and I won't have worked there till 2009. That's why I owe them. Many would disagree with me.

Exactly. We need to just shut up and enjoy our cars while we still can. Pissing and moaning about the direction things are going isn't doing any of us old farts any good other than raising our blood pressure and making us look like ********.
Or we can voice our opinion with our wallets…. I was hoping for a 1000hp hellcat or Gen VI Viper to purchase.. but with lastest lameo announcements im considering other options.. would like to find a ‘68 Charger.. but if i cant, ill consider jumping to one of the other domestic makes that still builds to my needs.

The K car really wasn't a 'reply' to the onslaught of small foreign cars. It was an answer to Chrysler not going out of business. Also, US drivers didn't want small cars until it was late in the game while small cars were being built in foreign lands because they had tight cities with narrow streets and big cars didn't fit. Plus, fuel prices were always high in other countries and the prices of cars were usually out of reach for most drivers so having gas sippers was important to them.
You are a 100 percent right, but the 70's brought in a gas crises and Chrysler was pushing V8's. AMC introduced a compact car known as the Gremlin. Ford released the Pinto and GM/Chevrolet came out with the Vega. Chrysler delayed plans for a U.S.-built mini car and instead imported the Plymouth Cricket and Dodge Colt. The Pinto, to Ford’s eternal embarrassment and Vega, a Gm joke. They had a serious defects built in at the factory, and it didn’t take once around the block to know something was wrong. Engine idle was unsteady, throttle response was no more predictable than a Supreme Court decision, and there was a general reluctance to start. Although most Civics built in the 1970s have since passed on, the legacy lives on. The Civic is one of the bestselling nameplates in U.S. history, a six-time 10 Best winner, and is still simple, and fun. The Mopar strategy of putting its signature on other companies cars worked, it gave the Chrysler corporation credible small cars. The Mitsubishi/Chrysler venture turned sour and came to an end. For better or worse, future small cars from Chrysler and Dodge will be Fiat, but, in 1984, not only did K-cars almost single handedly save Chrysler from certain death, it was the bases for many car and the mini van With a single platform that could be stretched, smoothed, chopped and trimmed to create almost a dozen different models. They were still junk in my eyes when you start to compare them to most import's. No company has been down so low, in such difficult straits, and then depended on practically a single product to bring it back. In my working career I had several big moments and one of them was talking to and shaking the hand of the man himself, Lee Iacocca.
Exactly. We need to just shut up and enjoy our cars while we still can. Pissing and moaning about the direction things are going isn't doing any of us old farts any good other than raising our blood pressure and making us look like ********.
I have no problem with your statement and have been doing just that.

You are a 100 percent right, but the 70's brought in a gas crises and Chrysler was pushing V8's. AMC introduced a compact car known as the Gremlin. Ford released the Pinto and GM/Chevrolet came out with the Vega. Chrysler delayed plans for a U.S.-built mini car and instead imported the Plymouth Cricket and Dodge Colt. The Pinto, to Ford’s eternal embarrassment and Vega, a Gm joke. They had a serious defects built in at the factory, and it didn’t take once around the block to know something was wrong. Engine idle was unsteady, throttle response was no more predictable than a Supreme Court decision, and there was a general reluctance to start. Although most Civics built in the 1970s have since passed on, the legacy lives on. The Civic is one of the bestselling nameplates in U.S. history, a six-time 10 Best winner, and is still simple, and fun. The Mopar strategy of putting its signature on other companies cars worked, it gave the Chrysler corporation credible small cars. The Mitsubishi/Chrysler venture turned sour and came to an end. For better or worse, future small cars from Chrysler and Dodge will be Fiat, but, in 1984, not only did K-cars almost single handedly save Chrysler from certain death, it was the bases for many car and the mini van With a single platform that could be stretched, smoothed, chopped and trimmed to create almost a dozen different models. They were still junk in my eyes when you start to compare them to most import's. No company has been down so low, in such difficult straits, and then depended on practically a single product to bring it back. In my working career I had several big moments and one of them was talking to and shaking the hand of the man himself, Lee Iacocca.

I have no problem with your statement and have been doing just that.
That's all true too. Even tried to get my dad to buy some stock in Chrysler around the early 80's and especially after ChryCo paid off the loans early! And the minivan became pretty good as it evolved even though I didn't like them. Drove several because a buddy of mine was somewhat up the ladder working for a fairly large dealership. Got to drive a lot of Vipers too because of him. Dad never bought any ChryCo stock but if he had when I mentioned it to him, he would have been worth a lot. I did eventually buy some ChryCo stock many years later but I more or less day traded it. And I still see an old minivan running around from time to time......even read Iacocca's book.

It just doesn't matter as most of the population will not be able to pay over $50,000 for a new car anyway. Car makers need to stop this stupidity. I don't need all the electric crap in a new car. So, give me a car that will last forever that's drivable without a dam computer.

It just doesn't matter as most of the population will not be able to pay over $50,000 for a new car anyway. Car makers need to stop this stupidity. I don't need all the electric crap in a new car. So, give me a car that will last forever that's drivable without a dam computer.
Last forever? Maytag did that with washing machines and damn near went bankrupt. :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Not really every GM dealer had the X cars and Oldsmobile diesels are the time

Oh the GM / Olds diesel what a pile .... putting that reworked gas burner into the cutlass was a joke... k car was much better than that ! Lol

Auto Transport Service
Back